Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't you agree?
    just downloaded the app and its really weird. I think we'd benefit more if the layout was more like twitter, for example.

ReputationRep:
    They have said that they have no plans to update it as they want to focus on the mobile site.

The app is better than the site though.

ReputationRep:
    There are a plethora of ways they could improve the app, but I've kinda got attached to the current version now.

There's a mobile site?

The site is so heavy on things like my phone, because of all the extravagances on it, if that makes any sense.

ReputationRep:
    I used the app breifly and I really didn't like it so I just use safri on my phone now so it shows exactly the same as it does on my laptop. I agree it needs some tweeks tho, using it felt very outdated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    There are a plethora of ways they could improve the app, but I've kinda got attached to the current version now.

There's a mobile site?

The site is so heavy on things like my phone, because of all the extravagances on it, if that makes any sense.
    The mobile site is what opens on you phone. Its slow and it doesn't have auto-correct when typing.

I use it to check notifications then use the app to reply and actually look at threads.

ReputationRep:
    Yes the mobile site is terrible. Why do I still use it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemunch)
    Don't you agree?
    just downloaded the app and its really weird. I think we'd benefit more if the layout was more like twitter, for example.
    I don't like the app at all. In my opinion the mobile site is better than the TSR app.

Hopefully either the app will get updated, to make it better, or the mobile version of the site will improve, so that everyone switches from the app to the mobile site.

I always seem to use the mobile site nowadays.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    They have said that they have no plans to update it as they want to focus on the mobile site.

The app is better than the site though.
    That was the case, although I know there's been discussions about what is good and bad about the app with some of the support team, with hopefully work to be done on it.

ReputationRep:
    The mobile site is what opens on you phone. Its slow and it doesn't have auto-correct when typing.

I use it to check notifications then use the app to reply and actually look at threads.
    Does it have like an m.thestudentroom.co.uk, or does it still have the regular address?
    For me, it's got the regular address.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    That was the case, although I know there's been discussions about what is good and bad about the app with some of the support team, with hopefully work to be done on it.
    That is good news indeed.

It only needs some minor tweaks;

Ability to give rep
    Actually showing who has been quoted
    And finally having notifications.

Other than that is it pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Does it have like an m.thestudentroom.co.uk, or does it still have the regular address?
    For me, it's got the regular address.
    Regular address, but it is mobile optimised.

ReputationRep:
    That is good news indeed.

It only needs some minor tweaks;

Ability to give rep
    Actually showing who has been quoted
    And finally having notifications.

Other than that is it pretty good.
    The main issue is the constant crashing; that has to be resolved first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemunch)
    Don't you agree?
    We are going to try and update the app in the New Year (so not too far off in the grand scheme of things).

We'd love to update it too, but TSR is actually still a small company with a small development team. So we have to focus on different things throughout the year, and projects have to wait for their turn in the queue.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.