The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

No college help?!

Anyone else not living on campus still waiting the hear what college you are in? Starting to panic a little, want to start planning registration and freshers etc!
Original post by MegMcCallum
Anyone else not living on campus still waiting the hear what college you are in? Starting to panic a little, want to start planning registration and freshers etc!

If you have completed online pre-registration, then when you log into the student portal, you should see your details, including what college you are in :biggrin:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Hayley Williams
If you have completed online pre-registration, then when you log into the student portal, you should see your details, including what college you are in :biggrin:

Hi! Thanks! I did all the pre-registration the other week and it still says no college!
Hi! Thanks! I did all the pre-registration the other week and it still says no college!

:colondollar: I don't know then, after doing pre-registration mine changed to county. I'd just give them a quick ring.
Unless the system has been changed in the last couple of years, all off-campus first year students are automatically assigned to County irrespective of what colleges they applied for.
Reply 5
I'm off campus and I'm thinking of just ignoring the whole college thing. I won't be going to the parties and stuff so paying £36 is ridiculous. You can go in any bar etc you want despite the college so it's just not worth it and they seemed to have just dumped everyone who's off campus in County college which is a treck away from my lectures.
Reply 6
Original post by RDB97
I'm off campus and I'm thinking of just ignoring the whole college thing. I won't be going to the parties and stuff so paying £36 is ridiculous. You can go in any bar etc you want despite the college so it's just not worth it and they seemed to have just dumped everyone who's off campus in County college which is a treck away from my lectures.

I finally got my college, I'm in Pendle! But I know what you mean, I can't be bothered with all the student night life etc! What course you studying?
Reply 7
I finally got my college, I'm in Pendle! But I know what you mean, I can't be bothered with all the student night life etc! What course you studying?

You're not alone, I'll probably join a certain society or two but I most likely won't be on campus at night at all, I can't be bothered with all that stuff and I hate drinking. I'm studying Accounting and Finance with Economics and I still need to choose a minor. You?
Reply 8
Original post by RDB97
You're not alone, I'll probably join a certain society or two but I most likely won't be on campus at night at all, I can't be bothered with all that stuff and I hate drinking. I'm studying Accounting and Finance with Economics and I still need to choose a minor. You?

I'm studying Marketing, yet to choose my minors too. Are you going to the pre Reg days and welcome talks etc?
Reply 9
I'm studying Marketing, yet to choose my minors too. Are you going to the pre Reg days and welcome talks etc?

To be honest with you I don't know. At the moment I really don't see the point.
Reply 10
Original post by RDB97
To be honest with you I don't know. At the moment I really don't see the point.

The only point I see to it is to meet some people and find out anything I might want to know!
Reply 11
The only point I see to it is to meet some people and find out anything I might want to know!

You'll be meeting people in lectures, seminars etc that are studying the same as you and in societies that fit your interest though. Colleges will for the most part just be people living together in that college who you most likely won't see unless you see them out on the night life.
Reply 12
Original post by RDB97
You'll be meeting people in lectures, seminars etc that are studying the same as you and in societies that fit your interest though. Colleges will for the most part just be people living together in that college who you most likely won't see unless you see them out on the night life.

Very true I guess!

Quick Reply

Latest