Turn on thread page Beta

I talk to myself too much im now my own bestfriend? watch

Helloooo,

So my problem is that i always think out loud and now i argue and converse with myself, i realised once after sitting in a room for 1 hour that i was having a conversation with myself and i feel retarded but id dosent effect me in any bad way i only fear i started doing it in public by accident and people gave me weird looks. I cant stop it its too much fun almost like the perfect friend yet i never actually feel like its a one person conversation it feels like 'me' is split into two people and we take turns to talk? Im not multi personality since i can stop/start it at any moment and im fully aware of everything thats going on. My doctor just said im thinking about it too much...

Do i need help? and secondly, am i weird?

P.S. I have tons of friends and communicate socially very well so thats not an issue.

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't sound like something a doc would say. Are you sure it wasn't you pretending to be a doctor? :curious:

(Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    That doesn't sound like something a doc would say. Are you sure it wasn't you pretending to be a doctor? :curious:
    Im dead serious because ue asked me if im stressed or upset depressed etc i said no im fine i just have this obsession to split my mind into two and talk to myself lol so either he didnt believe me or he dosent know what hes doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im dead serious because ue asked me if im stressed or upset depressed etc i said no im fine i just have this obsession to split my mind into two and talk to myself lol so either he didnt believe me or he dosent know what hes doing.
    Well, in that case I'd say go back to the doc and make them listen to you. The fact that you accidentally started doing it in public is something to be concerned about. Also, every time you have the urge to talk to yourself - don't. Get a friend to talk to instead. It's weird if you have full-on convos and arguments with yourself m8.

I do it too, glad I'm not the only one

How often do you do it? I think mine's getting a bit out of hand

I do it too, glad I'm not the only one

How often do you do it? I think mine's getting a bit out of hand
    If im busy with something i dont but if im sitting there or thinking about something studying it starts and i dont realise straight away mines getting out of hand too im. Guessing i havent gone full retard just yet but i fear i might? It happens too much and especially when im alone

ReputationRep:
    Get a cat. Then you can pretend you're voicing the cat, which is somewhat better. This is the main reason I have one.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry OP, it's not weird.

Not until you start flirting with yourself.

(Original post by NikolaT)
    Don't worry OP, it's not weird.

Not until you start flirting with yourself.
    I hope i dont need to resort to that lool

(Original post by Lwin)
    Get a cat. Then you can pretend you're voicing the cat, which is somewhat better. This is the main reason I have one.
    I want too but my parents wouldnt let me lol, and i cant at uni haha soon when i have my own place

If im busy with something i dont but if im sitting there or thinking about something studying it starts and i dont realise straight away mines getting out of hand too im. Guessing i havent gone full retard just yet but i fear i might? It happens too much and especially when im alone
    I normally do it when I'm revising or alone at work, I hope nobody's noticed because I have some quite weird conversations with myself. I suppose you don't need to worry about going full retard when you're your own best friend

ReputationRep:
    This is so funny and cute I am literally crying of laughter
    If you find yourself doing it in public, just put your phone to your ear and pretend you're on the phone - works every time xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're probably over-thinking it, most people talk to themselves, either internally or externally too. Sometimes I find myself narrating my life as I go about my day which is just hilarious If you're hearing voices, that's a different story.

(Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    Well, in that case I'd say go back to the doc and make them listen to you. The fact that you accidentally started doing it in public is something to be concerned about. Also, every time you have the urge to talk to yourself - don't. Get a friend to talk to instead. It's weird if you have full-on convos and arguments with yourself m8.
    Can confirm. got sectioned yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    I do the same thing

ReputationRep:
    Why not talk to yourself in your head instead of out loud?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    Why not talk to yourself in your head instead of out loud?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think she/he gets v excited and ends up speaking out. Kinda like when your excited about something, most people babble or smile or something but they don't keep it to themselves (I think?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelcake123)
    I think she/he gets v excited and ends up speaking out. Kinda like when your excited about something, most people babble or smile or something but they don't keep it to themselves (I think?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmmm true. I guess we do talk to ourselves, she does decides to do it out loud?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    Hmmm true. I guess we do talk to ourselves, she does decides to do it out loud?

I like how you assume im a she i wont reveal my identity tho haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by catholicgirl)
    I do the same thing
    Alright then im not going crazy i guess

(Original post by EllainKahlo)
    You're probably over-thinking it, most people talk to themselves, either internally or externally too. Sometimes I find myself narrating my life as I go about my day which is just hilarious If you're hearing voices, that's a different story.
    I dont hear voices thankfully, I do the same i dont technically narrate my life but its more along the lines of acting like a hero in a movie and i talk and think out loud so everyone (no one really) knows whats going on

(Original post by angelcake123)
    This is so funny and cute I am literally crying of laughter
    If you find yourself doing it in public, just put your phone to your ear and pretend you're on the phone - works every time xD

Its like it just happens and you catch yourself doing it then you got to get off the bus because now ur a freak and walk to the stop before because if you waited at the same stop people will still tink ur a freak and then u get on a new bus and do the same thing again XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't quote but lmao don't worry about what others think. You're happy talking to yourself and this thread alone is making me happy legit I'm crying of laughter every time I come back on here. Not because I'm laughing at you but because I can almost relate haha :''')))

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

Rep for anyone who gets the reference without googling.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 15, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.