Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ---

ReputationRep:
    email your university's accommodation with the screenshots and links to these messages. people like that will be dealt with

ReputationRep:
    dont snake him out.
    I can guarantee he wont bully any gay ppl anywhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alice___)
    I've been getting to know the people I'll be living with in my halls on fb and one of them has had it very clear they're homophobic and 'can't stand gays' and said he'll probably bully any he's living with. Has anyone else has to deal with this, I felt like keele was more of a friendly place where i could be myself but apparently not
    I would one hundred percent email the university with links/screenshots/evidence of this person's comments and attitude. They could end up causing someone an awful lot of problems and they should not be allowed to treat people like that or even speak about treating people in such a way, it's disgusting and if he's that bigoted and ignorant, he probably shouldn't even be at university.

Email the university, 100%.

ReputationRep:
    like others said email the uni (ask to be keep anonymous if youre worried), its better to deal with it sooner rather than later, if you let them know now maybe they can deal with it before moving in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alice___)
    I've been getting to know the people I'll be living with in my halls on fb and one of them has had it very clear they're homophobic and 'can't stand gays' and said he'll probably bully any he's living with. Has anyone else has to deal with this, I felt like keele was more of a friendly place where i could be myself but apparently not
    First of all, just because this non-human flow of vomit told you guys that he is a lowlife doesn't mean everyone else at Keele will be like that. There are thousnads of people at uni and most people will not care whether you are gay or straight or whatever else, most people at uni (at every uni) are intelligent and support gay rights. This pig is not the norm, trust me, most people will be accepting.

Second, you will need to be courageous and be yourself. You cannot let people like this silence you, imagine if nobody ever stood up to these disgusting people, we wouldn't have gay marriage now or any rights at all. You should have told him straight out that you are gay and that he is going to need to change his attitude because you are going to bring over different girls to shag every night and you are going to be loud and he will be forced to listen and you will have a rainbow flag on your door so he better get used to it. (OK, probably not your actual plans, but you get the idea).

Also, he said he is 'probably gonna bully' if he lives with one? He is not going to be very popular if he wishes to bully anyone, especially minorities. You can report any homophobic incidents at uni and they will not tolerate it. He also sounds like a child, what university-aged person says they plan to bully somebody? This isn't middle school.

Overall, it seems like you are going to have to deal with an immature child here, the good news is, you don't have to be friends with all of your flatmates, there are thousands of people at uni and you don't have to deal with a homophobe, even if they are in the same halls as you.

ReputationRep:
    Report him: no-one of that stripe should wield seniority over anything more valuable than a mop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vis break)
    dont snake him out.
    I can guarantee he wont bully any gay ppl anywhere
    Unless that person happens to be you, I don't think you can really guarantee that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    First of all, just because this non-human flow of vomit told you guys that he is a lowlife doesn't mean everyone else at Keele will be like that. There are thousnads of people at uni and most people will not care whether you are gay or straight or whatever else, most people at uni (at every uni) are intelligent and support gay rights. This pig is not the norm, trust me, most people will be accepting.

Second, you will need to be courageous and be yourself. You cannot let people like this silence you, imagine if nobody ever stood up to these disgusting people, we wouldn't have gay marriage now or any rights at all. You should have told him straight out that you are gay and that he is going to need to change his attitude because you are going to bring over different girls to shag every night and you are going to be loud and he will be forced to listen and you will have a rainbow flag on your door so he better get used to it. (OK, probably not your actual plans, but you get the idea).

Also, he said he is 'probably gonna bully' if he lives with one? He is not going to be very popular if he wishes to bully anyone, especially minorities. You can report any homophobic incidents at uni and they will not tolerate it. He also sounds like a child, what university-aged person says they plan to bully somebody? This isn't middle school.

Overall, it seems like you are going to have to deal with an immature child here, the good news is, you don't have to be friends with all of your flatmates, there are thousands of people at uni and you don't have to deal with a homophobe, even if they are in the same halls as you.
    you should write a book

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.