The Student Room Group

MLAT advice & how important is it?

Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for the MLAT, specifically the translation exercises? Also, how much emphasis is put on it. I know the BMAT and PAT are very important deciding factors for the admissions process, but is the MLAT just as important or less? Thanks :smile:
You must satisfy their requirement on this.
Original post by snowflake39
Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for the MLAT, specifically the translation exercises? Also, how much emphasis is put on it. I know the BMAT and PAT are very important deciding factors for the admissions process, but is the MLAT just as important or less? Thanks :smile:

Unlike the PAT and BMAT there is no set cut-off for the MLAT (at least that's what my tutor told me). The MLAT is used to give an indication of linguistic aptitude but if you do badly in it but show promise in other areas then you still have a chance.
Reply 3
Original post by qwertyuiop1993
Unlike the PAT and BMAT there is no set cut-off for the MLAT (at least that's what my tutor told me). The MLAT is used to give an indication of linguistic aptitude but if you do badly in it but show promise in other areas then you still have a chance.

Thanks! Do you know if there are any examples of past papers besides the one on the website, and if not if you look at the current specimen paper, are the exams similar each year? Is there always a preposition component, verb exercise, and then translation exercises? (for French) :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending