Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, would you feel aggrieved if guys didn't offer to pay on the first date? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Girls would you be aggrieved if guys didn't offer to pay on the first date?
    Yes
    13.41%
    No
    40.24%
    I'm a guy
    46.34%

ReputationRep:
    Say a guy asks you out on a date but when it came to paying the bills he wanted you to pay your share as well? Would that be ok with you? I'm just curious to know as if it makes a girl like you more then I'd be happy to pay for all of it, however I actually feel that "going dutch" is the fairest way personally.

ReputationRep:
    The answer they will give you is no though we all know what they mean is yes. This 2 faced persona people have is sad.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Good filler for those awkward silences on a first date:

You: "Say... did you know that making a girl laugh is the second best way to get her into bed?"
    Her: "Oh, really? What's the best way?"
    You: "A huge kitchen knife!!"
    Her: *Laughs*
    You: "Wise choice..."

ReputationRep:
    It all depends!

'Let's grab food' is very different to 'I'd love to take you out tonight'

Also, no matter what. If you make me pay 'my share' I will slay you. Halvsies. Always. I get very cross when it's in a big group and everyone works out exactly what they ate/drank. Just split it evenly!

ReputationRep:
    I prefer going halves. I'd feel guilty if the guy paid for all of it.

ReputationRep:
    If a girl feels like she is being 'unfairly treated' and resents you all because you didn't pay for her meal/tickets/etc. that is a good sign. Why? Well it then becomes easier to spot the proverbial bullets coming your way, thus even more possible to dodge them. If anything, one should be thanking these incredibly entitled girls for showing their true colours so early on.

ReputationRep:
    Judging by twitter after first dates, a resounding yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Good filler for those awkward silences on a first date:

You: "Say... did you know that making a girl laugh is the second best way to get her into bed?"
    Her: "Oh, really? What's the best way?"
    You: "A huge kitchen knife!!"
    Her: *Laughs*
    You: "Wise choice..."
    Omg.. Omg.. OMG

ReputationRep:
    I will usually go to a nice but not too expensive bar and not drink that much. I'll pay if I think it will be a factor but if she doesn't at least offer to pay half or get the next then it'll be a hit and quit.

Hell who am I kidding, it'll never be more than a hit and quit

ReputationRep:
    id like the guy to offer but I would never let him pay for it. seriously I don't like people paying for me or buying me things unless its my birthday or something. why should the guy pay for a date that you both decided to on?

ReputationRep:
    Lol how can women want equal rights then expect a guy on a date (who is most likely a stranger) to pay for their share of food?

ReputationRep:
    id offer to pay for it instead or at least half. not fair on the guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danz123)
    If a girl feels like she is being 'unfairly treated' and resents you all because you didn't pay for her meal/tickets/etc. that is a good sign. Why? Well it then becomes easier to spot the proverbial bullets coming your way, thus even more possible to dodge them. If anything, one should be thanking these incredibly entitled girls for showing their true colours so early on.
    Hmmm, you make a very good point :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InadequateJusticex)
    Lol how can women want equal rights then expect a guy on a date (who is most likely a stranger) to pay for their share of food?
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3605582

Check your privilege and man up!

ReputationRep:
    People would like to say no, but deep down they really think yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3605582

Check your privilege and man up!
    Lol I'm gay so i don't need to put up with the **** women give to men so jokes on you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    id like the guy to offer but I would never let him pay for it. seriously I don't like people paying for me or buying me things unless its my birthday or something. why should the guy pay for a date that you both decided to on?
    Same :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InadequateJusticex)
    Lol I'm gay so i don't need to put up with the **** women give to men so jokes on you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Same :five:
    haha we have so much in common

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    haha we have so much in common
    :teehee:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.