Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

P3: How Was It For You? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    even if it was 3, how does that make the radius 9?

I remember it as being 13 too

rosie
    the radius was 13, however the question asked (if i can remember right!), an equation of the circle, so itll be written as 13^2 (ie. 169).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capslock)
    Can you scan in maybe? And the radius of the circle was '13', because it touched the x axis and centre was (x,13).
    i'm not doubting it didn't touch the x axis, but 13..., another question worng

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    even if it was 3, how does that make the radius 9?

I remember it as being 13 too

rosie
    equation of circle:

(x-a)^2 + (y-b)^2 = r^2

(Original post by Jubba)
    the radius was 13, however the question asked (if i can remember right!), an equation of the circle, so itll be written as 13^2 (ie. 169).
    ...............i still do not understand how this could possibly make the radius 9.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    ...............i still do not understand how this could possibly make the radius 9.
    it wouldn't have made the radius 9, it would have made the RHS of the equation 9

ReputationRep:
    ill scan it 2moro cos my scanner is not working atm

(Original post by mockel)
    equation of circle:

(x-a)^2 + (y-b)^2 = r^2
    but even if it was centre (5,3) which it wasnt, it touched the x axis so that meant radius would have been 3.

unless you mean 9 = 3^2 i.e when the person said r they *meant* r^2 was 9.

but still that is not what they said.

rosie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    but even if it was centre (5,3) which it wasnt, it touched the x axis so that meant radius would have been 3.

rosie
    yeah, you're right, it wasn't very clear.....see my post above

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lexazver203)
    ill scan it 2moro cos my scanner is not working atm
    nice 1!! greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

rosie
    i might have meant 3, but that means that i still got it worng if people are sure its 13, that means i got the implicit diff wrong as well, but appr, the examiners don't penalise you twice for it, so at least i'll still get it right for the tangent bit

(Original post by mockel)
    it wouldn't have made the radius 9, it would have made the RHS of the equation 9
    Which is, actually, what I was saying. It WOULDN'T have made the radius 9, as the poster said:

" but the coords are (5,3) so r= 9"

and which is what I was referring to!

so please do not talk to me like I am stupid! even if when it comes to maths i most definitely am!

rosie

ReputationRep:
    i thought the paper was way easier than previous past papers. the good thing about it was there were so many prroof questions thank god so u know u r going to get those marks atleast.. i struggled with the vector question i mean i knew how to do it but i got a weird value like - smething/67 or something and my point of intersection turned out weird as!! i also found question 6 hard integration one.. what abt u guys? yes time was sorta a problem!

i got the radius as 13

coz the point on the y axis was 13!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Which is, actually, what I was saying. It WOULDN'T have made the radius 9, as the poster said:

so please do not talk to me like I am stupid! even if when it comes to maths i most definitely am!

rosie
    sorry rosie for casuing you this grief! i wasn't thinking when i posted the wrong radius up, pretty much the same non thinking mode when i was doing the exam! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

rosie
    .....hence my next post: http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost....&postcount=288
    please don't jump to conclusions....at no point was i talking to you as if you were stupid (or doing it deliberately)....sorry for any trouble caused

ReputationRep:
    Rite, what are all the answers, all in one reply, not one question at a time, anyone here, certain they got 100% or are older and saw the paper today and have the answers. Go for it. Then people can see where they went wrong and gain an idea of what mark they will get. It will prevent much confusion and would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool_Tori)
    Rite, what are all the answers, all in one reply, not one question at a time, anyone here, certain they got 100% or are older and saw the paper today and have the answers. Go for it. Then people can see where they went wrong and gain an idea of what mark they will get. It will prevent much confusion and would be greatly appreciated.
    somone already sent this earlier on in the thread.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf p3.pdf (53.2 KB, 588 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jubba)
    yeh but it doesnt have all the answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool_Tori)
    yeh but it doesnt have all the answers
    only 8d is missin!!

(Original post by candy88524)
    sorry rosie for casuing you this grief! i wasn't thinking when i posted the wrong radius up, pretty much the same non thinking mode when i was doing the exam! lol
    lol sorry
    i did come over a bit Maths Fascist there

................i blame the damage p3 has done to my midn!

rosie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jubba)
    anyone remember the breakdown mark scheme? as in allocated marks for each q

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.