Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    question 8d dont take two sides (if what i did was right)

you know the direction each of the lines go... t(direction vector) and s(direction vector)

both go a distance of 14root2 from A. work out the distance value for t, then Add on to A. do the same for s, then add on to A to get s. both were 2 for me (i think)

you get it from 14root2 divided by root98. for me i chose to use 2. but u could have got -2. B and C could take up either 4 points, u get the other points but using -2 and a combination of 2, but all they wanted was one point that b and c could be.

easily done in half a page if i did it correctly :P.

sorry if i dont make sense or if i just totally messed up this bit.

ReputationRep:
    yo about proving that q7 c) where you were asked to prove that above 4 is not valid
    what if you were to take a random number above 4 and prove that the numbers you get are t<0
    would the answer be accepted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalaysianDude)
    yo about proving that q7 c) where you were asked to prove that above 4 is not valid
    what if you were to take a random number above 4 and prove that the numbers you get are t<0
    would the answer be accepted?
    was the question asking for above 4, or 4 and above, or just 4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keithy)
    was the question asking for above 4, or 4 and above, or just 4?
    they said above 4
    not equals to 4

ReputationRep:
    they said above 4
    not equals to 4
    fu*k i did it for equals 4

ReputationRep:
    erm...so can someone tell me if i use a number above 4
    lets say 5 to substitute in there and prove that t < 0
    and therefore the number is not exceeding 4

is this method acceptable?

ReputationRep:
    erm...so can someone tell me if i use a number above 4
    lets say 5 to substitute in there and prove that t < 0
    and therefore the number is not exceeding 4

is this method acceptable?
    Lim t->\inifinity = 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keithy)
    question 8d dont take two sides (if what i did was right)

you know the direction each of the lines go... t(direction vector) and s(direction vector)

both go a distance of 14root2 from A. work out the distance value for t, then Add on to A. do the same for s, then add on to A to get s. both were 2 for me (i think)

you get it from 14root2 divided by root98. for me i chose to use 2. but u could have got -2. B and C could take up either 4 points, u get the other points but using -2 and a combination of 2, but all they wanted was one point that b and c could be.

easily done in half a page if i did it correctly :P.

sorry if i dont make sense or if i just totally messed up this bit.
    I used precisely this method. Im pretty confident it was correct because I checked the distance between B and C at the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capslock)
    Lim t->\inifinity = 4.
    so is my method acceptable or not?

and yeah i dont think that you shouldnt put it as infinity,cause its range is given to you as t>0
    so you CAN get a negative value but the question wants it as a positive value

ReputationRep:
    I used precisely this method. Im pretty confident it was correct because I checked the distance between B and C at the end.
    yep i did the same check .

ReputationRep:
    so is my method acceptable or not?

and yeah i dont think that you shouldnt put it as infinity,cause its range is given to you as t>0
    so you CAN get a negative value but the question wants it as a positive value
    Probably not. Its a trival solution. But I dunno, maybe they will give the mark.

ReputationRep:
    wasnt this for one mark?, allow it.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not. Its a trival solution. But I dunno, maybe they will give the mark.
    are you sure bout that?
    cause if you were to put it as infinite but it doesnt...
    so how can you actually use your method..
    the fact is...it doesnt reach infinite...
    it just reaches a point at where it is not acceptable..but not infinite..

Fairly random question but what do people think a score of 53-55 will equate to in terms of a UMS (Edexcel)? Good enough to get a B? :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Fairly random question but what do people think a score of 53-55 will equate to in terms of a UMS (Edexcel)? Good enough to get a B? :confused: :confused:
    Last year only 43/ 75 was needed for a B. This year's paper wasn't drastically easier so I wouldn't think the boundaries would vary that much.

(Original post by Acid_Rain)
    Last year only 43/ 75 was needed for a B. This year's paper wasn't drastically easier so I wouldn't think the boundaries would vary that much.
    God I need a B. Why did I not see how to do that rates of change question, 7 marks straight down the toilet....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    God I need a B. Why did I not see how to do that rates of change question, 7 marks straight down the toilet....
    i still dont see how to do that question!
    it was too hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    it was too hard
    which part did you not know how to do? all of it, or just the b)/ c)?

ReputationRep:
    I messed up on question 7 and worked out part b as if it was dt/ dA rather than dA/ dt.

Reckon they'll give me any method marks??

(Original post by kriztinae)
    it was too hard
    I've resat the paper in the comfort of my own home and got it all perfect. If only I could have translated that into the exam. Ohh well, I'll just have to try and get some marks back on S2. :rolleyes:

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.