Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Worst friggin exam ever, OCR take the p out of P*ss. I hate them, b*stards. Hardest exam I've had to do, considering I've done all the past papers from 97 onwards and averaging 90 per cent on them, with this one I was skipping questions left right and centre totally annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully i can get around half marks then hope my methods will bring me close to a C or a B or summat lol

considering 68% was an A last time round i think that it will more than likely be lower (i damn hope so :mad: lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    They show what grade you get, basically.
    The number of points needed for an A,B,C,D etc.
    If everyone does badly, then the exam was too hard, and the grade boundaries get lowered, allowing a certain percentage of people to get each grade (or something like that).
    And it applies to the paper, wherever you take it.
    ok say i get 50/75 and thats 67% and its one of the highest grades... do i get like 80% or what? coz it will make no difference if not coz i need 360 points to get C over all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Worst friggin exam ever, OCR take the p out of P*ss. I hate them, b*stards. Hardest exam I've had to do, considering I've done all the past papers from 97 onwards and averaging 90 per cent on them, with this one I was skipping questions left right and centre totally annoyed.
    OCR?
    I thought it was Edexcel?

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody going to post the questions?

ReputationRep:
    OCR?
    im edexcel!!

ReputationRep:
    OCR?
    I'm on OCR.

Otter Crap Rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    ok say i get 50/75 and thats 67% and its one of the highest grades... do i get like 80% or what? coz it will make no difference if not coz i need 360 points to get C over all
    What they do, is the paper's boundaries will be lowered, and this will also effect the entire courses boundaries, meaning the 360 will probably be lowered by whatever the C grade in the paper is lowered by.

Is 360 all you need for a C?
    I thought it was more than that.
    I did better than i thought then!

ReputationRep:
    I'm on OCR.

Otter Crap Rubbish
    Do otters write the papers?

Maybe Offal Coated Retards is better?

ReputationRep:
    1) d/dx lnx|cosecx + cotx| = -cosec²x

* Im wondering whether you can just take the d/dx over to get the integral and use the trig identity in the formula book

cosec²x = -ln|cosecx + cotx|

-cosec²x = ln|cosecx + cotx|

LHS = RHS

I know there is a constant involved in the intergration but im hoping you can get way with that.

ReputationRep:
    Thats Edexcel Paper Btw

Can't remember the other questions :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neutrinohunter)
    1) d/dx lnx|cosecx + cotx| = -cosec²x

* Im wondering whether you can just take the d/dx over to get the integral and use the trig identity in the formula book

cosec²x = -ln|cosecx + cotx|

-cosec²x = ln|cosecx + cotx|

LHS = RHS

I know there is a constant involved in the intergration but im hoping you can get way with that.
    Is that all it was?
    I writ that down, but i thought it didn't use both of the id thingies?

ReputationRep:
    What they do, is the paper's boundaries will be lowered, and this will also effect the entire courses boundaries, meaning the 360 will probably be lowered by whatever the C grade in the paper is lowered by.

Is 360 all you need for a C?
    I thought it was more than that.
    I did better than i thought then!
    argg then im sure it doesnt apply for me!
    i wanted a B in AS
    and a C in Alevel
    very upset!

ReputationRep:
    argg then im sure it doesnt apply for me!
    i wanted a B in AS
    and a C in Alevel
    very upset!
    It applies to whoever takes the paper, wherever they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neutrinohunter)
    Thats Edexcel Paper Btw

Can't remember the other questions :confused:
    if u read up i sort of wrote out what was on each question!

ReputationRep:
    It applies to whoever takes the paper, wherever they are.
    i hope so! but there are always the really smart peopple who get really high!

ReputationRep:
    i hope so! but there are always the really smart peopple who get really high!
    Well yeah, theres loads of them here as a matter of fact, and they actually found it a little tricky.
    But they aren't really all that different to normal people, except for a lot more geekish.

ReputationRep:
    Exam was rock solid! I reckon I did ok though, only one I didnt do is vector question last part, the rest of it I did not sure if its all right though. Probably the hardest P3 exam Ive ever done.

ReputationRep:
    totally agree! i wanted to cry. nasty pasty OCR making a revolting paper *had to but heat and chocolate to cheer herself up*... so want to get drunk tonight and i answered my questions so completely and utterly out of order. and i honestly am not confident i answered any question correctly (or even the right method...)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I am one of those smart people, i got A last year on my P1 and the others...
    I found that paper really hard.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.