Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    How did P3 go?

Which questions did you find hard/easy?

Was is a good exam or was it a repeat of last years horror?

hey ollie, did you do p3 today as well? i thought it was more manageable than last year (through past papers) i could do almost all the questions, and anyone who's reading this...ANSWERS!! post the ANSWERS up!!!

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Exam was rock solid! I reckon I did ok though, only one I didnt do is vector question last part, the rest of it I did not sure if its all right though. Probably the hardest P3 exam Ive ever done.
    yea hard!
    the vector question was actually not that bad except for the last part
    i got a 12/16 for that question for sure!

ReputationRep:
    question 1 - no chance

all the other were ok but it was wierd

the tant + t bit. I couldnt get that. My value of a was piroot3/2 which wasn't the pi/3 ... so i guess i got that wrong. But my answer to the integral was syumthing like 6ln2 -3 or sumthing like that?

I got alpha as -3. I got the 8 mark substiution proof right (dunno how!) and I got the proof in the other one aswell (cant remember wot it was).

For the rates of change i got 4t^2 - 3 or sumthing like that and I got the 60degrees one in the vectors.

for the fractions one i got A=1 and B=2 or the other way round 9cant remember) and I got -11 as the coeff of x^2 but i cant remember the rest

Overall though, for a hard paper I think I did ok? Can anyone reassure me and say that they got the same as me in those questions? lol

ReputationRep:
    SCREWED SCREWED SCREWED. That P3 was impossibly difficult (for me anyway). I couldn't even do question 1 And then I couldn't do 8 part d, where those 2 new vector things.

ReputationRep:
    Well lets hope next january bring a brighter cheery P3 paper lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyvry1)
    I am one of those smart people, i got A last year on my P1 and the others...
    I found that paper really hard.
    thank you! i love you realy!!!

ReputationRep:
    For some there is not a next January.

ReputationRep:
    I just could not believe that feckin P3 (ocr) paper today.
    Aiming for a B but god knows now.
    Harder than any other past papers.
    Gotta ace S2 and P2 now!(85's/100)
    I swear if i dont make my Uni offer because of that paper im gonna track down the bugger/s who created it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    yea hard!
    the vector question was actually not that bad except for the last part
    i got a 12/16 for that question for sure!
    The last part was easy.
    all you had to do is divide 14route2 by route98, and that was your answer for the s and t value.
    Then you just had to put them into the first equations, and get the co-ords of B and C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neutrinohunter)
    Well lets hope next january bring a brighter cheery P3 paper lol
    Next Jan Im at uni ... that was my one and only chance for me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenkennykenken)
    SCREWED SCREWED SCREWED. That P3 was impossibly difficult (for me anyway). I couldn't even do question 1 And then I couldn't do 8 part d, where those 2 new vector things.
    yeah i agree with u there! those were so hard i couldnt get them!!
    arggg
    oh and i need this result to get into uni so there is no NEXT january for me!

ReputationRep:
    utter nightmare

ReputationRep:
    jus a suggestion but could people please say what board they did! that way we don't all end up going 'what? you found it easy?' when it appears everyone thoguht OCR was a biatch.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Oh well my sincerist apologises. Knowing my luck the paper in january will be harder than this one, if it goes by current trend :rolleyes: Though how any paper can be harder than that is beyond me lol

ReputationRep:
    I did edexcel...

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel 4 me 2

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sukh_b)
    I just could not believe that feckin P3 (ocr) paper today.
    Aiming for a B but god knows now.
    Harder than any other past papers.
    Gotta ace S2 and P2 now!(85's/100)
    I swear if i dont make my Uni offer because of that paper im gonna track down the bugger/s who created it.
    same here and i'm really rubbish at S2 (basically missed all the teaching of it cos i had glandular fever). OCR are mean.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I did edexcel, much harder than all the past papers. Think I should have around 60/75 not including all the stupd mistakes I usually make

ReputationRep:
    Anything above 45 i think u done well lol :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.