Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1M)
    ohhh shite... i did it touching the y axis by accident so i got = 25... (how many marks do you think i will lose for this)...
    i dont think that effects tangent though coz the 25 goes when differentiated... could do the last vector question... but other than that the whole paper was piss easy... i got other same answers i think...
    I think I did the same as you, but it didn't affect the tangent. Should only loose 1 mark.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hell that was hard - especially after the P1 exam.
    P1 was easy, but P3 .

Could not do the first question. I tried, so I must have got a method mark at least.
    I cant believe this, but I actually found that factorising question hard, the one where f(x) was in brackets. I couldnt find the values that would make it equal to zero. What were they?
    I thought parts a),b) and c) of vectors was ok. It was d) I couldnt get, how do you do that?
    Also I couldnt get the radius of the circle, and now looking at the answers Im laughing cos that was easy.
    Prove this - (d/dx (ln(cosecx+cotx)=-cosecx) No way I couldnt do that.

I nearly cried at the end, oh well I guess I cant get a B now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    hehe i have already had a bag of minstrels, a dairy milk, a doughnut and a magnum ice cream.

and i'm going to get drunk tonight.

lou xxx
    hahaha if all my exams go like this ill have to go on a diet afterwards!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    P1 was easy, but P3 .

Could not do the first question. I tried, so I must have got a method mark at least.
    I cant believe this, but I actually found that factorising question hard, the one where f(x) was in brackets. I couldnt find the values that would make it equal to zero. What were they?
    I thought parts a),b) and c) of vectors was ok. It was d) I couldnt get, how do you do that?
    Also I couldnt get the radius of the circle, and now looking at the answers Im laughing cos that was easy.

me too couldnt do that question!

i only did c on vectors!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphira)
    aah i did it touching the y axis too! as did 2 of my friends...
    how many marks do you think we will lose for it? I can't even remember what that question was out of ...

ReputationRep:
    P1 was easy, but P3 .

Oh don't worry, lots of people got those questions wrong so it'll be quite easy to get an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_)
    and afterwards I was trying to decide whether to cry or burst into hysterical laughter… I chose the latter
    Yeah same here.When the school's maths whizz came out with a face like a slapped arse i could'nt help but laugh all the way home.But when i got home i realised what had actually happened and i had the face like a slapped arse!!!!
    How bout that vectors question it was feckin' ludicrous!!!

Im out on the lash tonight, and probably the rest of the week!

Sukh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    hehe i have already had a bag of minstrels, a dairy milk, a doughnut and a magnum ice cream.

and i'm going to get drunk tonight.

lou xxx
    ive gt 3 exam tomorow n S1 on friday so no time for fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_)
    hahaha if all my exams go like this ill have to go on a diet afterwards!
    i feel so greedy now i've realised how much i've eaten! i'm just going to spend all summer in the gym.

and i bought heat to cheer myself up (i'm reading quick diet tips...)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    wasn't this bog standard chain rule?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sukh_b)
    Yeah same here.When the school's maths whizz came out with a face like a slapped arse i could'nt help but laugh all the way home.But when i got home i realised what had actually happened and i had the face like a slapped arse!!!!
    How bout that vectors question it was feckin' ludicrous!!!

Im out on the lash tonight, and probably the rest of the week!

Sukh.
    the ocr vectors one? hell yea, i actually liked vectors before i saw that question!

the best person at maths in my school also found it really hard so i feel a bit better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boygenious)
    That exam was way too easy.
    well done then.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you're being sarcastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1M)
    how many marks do you think we will lose for it? I can't even remember what that question was out of ...
    It was probably only one or two marks - I made that mistake too.

ReputationRep:
    ocr or edexcel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_)
    ocr or edexcel?
    both.

ReputationRep:
    both.
    lol! go away.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_)
    I soooooooo totally agree! How IMPOSSIBLE was that paper. All through the exam I thought I was going to faint or something, and afterwards I was trying to decide whether to cry or burst into hysterical laughter… I chose the latter.

I have never done so badly in an exam! In fact I don’t think ive ever left a question out! At the end I worked out that I only even attempted 28/60 of the marks… let alone if I even got them right!

I’m pissed off because I revised and I do know P3… and revising more wouldn’t even have helped, it’s just how the questions were worded left me wondering what the hell they were going on about. It was more of a hmmm well I cant do that one I’ll leave it out and go to the next one and come back, o **** I cant do that one either… or that one… or that one.

On the other hand, I just ate lots of icecream and plan on having a fun night out tonight to make me forget all about it!
    I am exactly the same! I am absolutly +ve i got a u! Because the questions i attempted won't even make a grade! That has got to be the hardest P3 I ve done. However hopefully if everyone nationwide struggled the ums marks will be lowered and I might just might get a grade!

Words don't really sum up how I feel :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The OCR paper was just absolutely awful; I couldn’t have possibly got more than 25/60. That’s really strange though isn’t it? That students like myself, who have never scored less than 80% in previous maths papers, can fail so terribly on a P3 paper, there’s a real inconsistency with these papers.

The worse thing is that I’ve never revised harder for any other exam…ever. I knew all the theory, and had scored well in the past papers, but still that was not nearly enough. I dunno what I could have done to prepare for a paper like that; certainly more revision wouldn’t have helped.

And don’t get me started on that vector question….

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.