Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

P1: How Was It For You? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1thrandir)
    Well, I'm 80% sure the answer is 5. I differentiated the equation and got 5. double checked it as well.
    I got 3....There were 2 values but u could check both with the second derivative...
    For min it had to be a positive. The max point was next to the given point (1,something)

ReputationRep:
    Its 1 to 3, i checked with my graph drawing program because i remebered the cubic, it was y = x^3 - 7x^2 + 15x + 3 graph of the required area is below, its the unshaded finite region. I got Q(3,12) but the next section i thought x = 4 :/ so i used the wrong values.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Godmaster)
    Hey there does nebody think 66-67 marks wil get an A ppl?
    I would think easily. thats 88% +

Somebody said 95% but thats just crazy

ReputationRep:
    last year it was 66/75...has nebody seen the june2003 paper....i fort this 1 ws less demanding than that and yet i f..ed up on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revelation)
    Its 1 to 3, i checked with my graph drawing program because i remebered the cubic, it was y = x^3 - 7x^2 + 15x + 3 graph of the required area is below, its the unshaded finite region. I got Q(3,12) but the next section i thought x = 4 :/ so i used the wrong values.

Oh no!! You're right.

Because then it asked you to prove PQ a parallel line to x-axis. both y-coord are 12 so that means, it has to be parallel.

Gosh, I should bloody stop looking at this thread!! lol

ReputationRep:
    66!! really!! I though in general, you only needed 80%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBR50)
    66!! really!! I though in general, you only needed 80%.

thats ums...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but I dont understard all this UMS rubbish. My teachers just gave me exam papers and said 75 / 80% an A. I thought I was well on target

ReputationRep:
    the + or - sqaure root of 3 question.......i done it by substitution, do you think i will get it right??

The exam was a bit TOOOOOO easy, do you not think the boundaries will shot up, u have to try and think of any points that ypu actually may have dropped!! dor the last trignometry question did any1 else get:

cos y = 1/3 cos y = -3
    y=..... impossible

??

ReputationRep:
    I've just come out of 4 solid hours in that exam hall..

P1 went ok.. except for one mother of a question (AQA).. this was question 7 part b.. where you had to find x for sinx^2+sinx-1=0..

hmm.. I bet the answer is really easy- but looking at it now I still can't work it out

ReputationRep:
    i didnt do that exam bored... but substitue sin with X

then you have a quadratic. Solve it using factorisation. and then make the answer equal to sin &
    (sin theta.. >!)

ReputationRep:
    i got cosy=3 cosy= -1/3
    i feel i've messed up on this one...
    How does the whole grading thing work... do they add marks for all 3 papers and average
    or do you need As in all 3 papers to get an A or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2slick)
    the + or - sqaure root of 3 question.......i done it by substitution, do you think i will get it right??

The exam was a bit TOOOOOO easy, do you not think the boundaries will shot up, u have to try and think of any points that ypu actually may have dropped!! dor the last trignometry question did any1 else get:

cos y = 1/3 cos y = -3
    y=..... impossible

??
    yeh i got 1/3 and -3 n found 2 values for y in the limits.

ReputationRep:
    yeah the factorisation part is the bit I couldnt do..

I don't think you need to get A's in all the papers.. but I guess it depends if its high A's you got on the others.

If you got 3 high A's at AS you only need to average an ABB at A2

ReputationRep:
    yes exam was very easy - i finished it in 35 minutes, then re-did it...the grade boundaries will be very high which is gay because i think i couldve handled a harder harder paper and still get close to 100% but hey oh well good that nothing to do with spheres or anything awkward came up.

ReputationRep:
    did no one find the paper hard? i went in there and my mind went blank, the only way ill get an A now is if they lose my paper and i get wot im predicted!

ReputationRep:
    okay then use X (-b+or- sq-rute of (b^2-4ac))/2a

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBR50)
    I got 5, but I have some very intelligent friends who all got 3. Very stuck up friends as well some of them. they were quick to tell me i was wrong. Someone else i know got 5 though.
    its 3

last question last bit is 4/3 cant remember too many answers

ReputationRep:
    i didn't find it hard
    just stuck for time
    and i made stupid mistakes e.g drawing the graph in pencil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBR50)
    i didnt do that exam bored... but substitue sin with X

then you have a quadratic. Solve it using factorisation. and then make the answer equal to sin &
    (sin theta.. >!)
    I couldn't factorise it! I got sin^2 x + sin x - 1 = 0.
    which i made u^2 + u - 1 = 0.
    Which I couldn't factorise, as hard as I tried.

All of the other questions I had no problem with though.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.