Turn on thread page Beta

International management masters with a science undergrad degree? watch

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible and if so what could be done to "compensate" for the fact that I won't have a presumably more suitable business undergrad degree? I notice some unis say the requirement is a "good" degree whereras others would ask for a more specific business related degree.

ReputationRep:
    Top universities would ask for a relevant one.

If you want to compensate, you can do it by having some certificates and/or work experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Top universities would ask for a relevant one.

If you want to compensate, you can do it by having some certificates and/or work experience.
    Thanks for the reply. Okay, do you know what kind of certificates or could you direct me to a place that has info on them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thighs)
    Thanks for the reply. Okay, do you know what kind of certificates or could you direct me to a place that has info on them?
    Don't know. I'm just thinking about something that's relevant to give you some academic background. Just like those people who do a diploma before their master's.

ReputationRep:
    what science degree have you done?, sometimes the skills you have picked up from your undergrad degree may carry over to your MSC,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeroot)
    what science degree have you done?, sometimes the skills you have picked up from your undergrad degree may carry over to your MSC,
    Biology

I'm hearing that it would be more suitable for me to get some work experience to make a stronger case. I was hoping i could go straight into it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thighs)
    Biology

I'm hearing that it would be more suitable for me to get some work experience to make a stronger case. I was hoping i could go straight into it
    Ahh ok where are you wanting to do your management masters at? Sometimes it really depends on the course if there is plenty of competition, then it comes down to the personal statement and the interview. You have to therefore have reasons to say why you want to do management masters and what are you planning to do with it.

If they think you can cope with the degree and the content and think your a good candidate more often than not you will be enrolled.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.