Turn on thread page Beta

Mature student study day tomorrow and the day after, but it's fully booked watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was accepted by my university through clearing, so by the time I applied for the mature student study days it was already fully booked. I have asked the mature student rep but she said there's nothing I can do.

I broke up with my long term girlfriend 7 days ago and I get extremely depressed when I stay at home, so going out and meeting new people would keep my mind occupied and do me the world of good - hence why I'm so desperate to go. I'm also quite introverted so I want to meet some people before I actually start, because I didn't have a chance to go to any of the open days because I was accepted through clearing therefore I don't know anyone.

I've been talking to a few students that have been at university for a couple of years and they said that a few people just don't turn up therefore there should be empty seats. Would it be worth turning up and just seeing if there are any empty seats? Surely the worst they could do is turn me down?

ReputationRep:
    If it's not too far to travel, and if you won't feel more depressed if you're turned away, then yes, why not turn up and see if a place becomes free?
    At least you'll be taking action rather than sitting about wondering whether you should have gone. :tumble:

I always feel better doing/trying something even if it doesn't turn out successfully.:trytofly:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancing sloth)
    If it's not too far to travel, and if you won't feel more depressed if you're turned away, then yes, why not turn up and see if a place becomes free?
    At least you'll be taking action rather than sitting about wondering whether you should have gone. :tumble:

I always feel better doing/trying something even if it doesn't turn out successfully.:trytofly:
    Thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.