Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey i have to pick my a levels soon and i am completely stuck on ideas. My current gcse grades are:
    English A*
    English lit A*
    Maths A
    Bio A
    Chem A*
    Physics A
    History A
    Rs B
    spanish A
    Geography A*

The thing is, i enjoy all my subjects and therefore have no idea what to go for. My favourites are probably chemistry, maths and physics but i have heard they're very hard and really i want to be able to achieve an A at a level. Then if i was to take an essay based subject it would be between history and spanish- which is harder and why?
    I also kind of have an interest in english and with no idea what to do in the future i need some advice.
    Also what a levels would be BEST for law or medicine? (My mums enquiry)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucofthewoods)
    Hey i have to pick my a levels soon and i am completely stuck on ideas. My current gcse grades are:
    English A*
    English lit A*
    Maths A
    Bio A
    Chem A*
    Physics A
    History A
    Rs B
    spanish A
    Geography A*

The thing is, i enjoy all my subjects and therefore have no idea what to go for. My favourites are probably chemistry, maths and physics but i have heard they're very hard and really i want to be able to achieve an A at a level. Then if i was to take an essay based subject it would be between history and spanish- which is harder and why?
    I also kind of have an interest in english and with no idea what to do in the future i need some advice.
    Also what a levels would be BEST for law or medicine? (My mums enquiry)
    Well done - they're excellent grades!

First bit of advice would be always to go for those you enjoy and you're good at because you're more likely to work harder at them and get a good grade.

Between history and spanish - sorry no idea didn't do either.

Mine were Maths, Economics, Further Maths and Physics with an AS level in Chemistry. I went on to study Maths and Economics at uni.

Maths and sciences are easier to score higher marks in in the sense that there's a definite answer whereas with essay subjects, it's often subjective and the markers have a lot more discretion.

Medicine - you would deffo need Chemistry. Another science or maths one would also be good.

Law - I believe English and History would be the best bet.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao your grades are just fab

If you don't know what to do, just eenie meanie miny mo it :mmm:

(This is a joke btw lmao)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelcake123)
    Lmao your grades are just fab

If you don't know what to do, just eenie meanie miny mo it :mmm:

(This is a joke btw lmao)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that method could also work lol

Actually I know two guys who did just that - one got AAAA and the other got Es and Us so bit of a gamble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Yeah that method could also work lol

Actually I know two guys who did just that - one got AAAA and the other got Es and Us so bit of a gamble.
    Wow it is a gamble :/ But no offence the other one either got an awful examiner, misread the question or just didn't work hard enough. To get Es and Us can be unexpected but it's usually due to lack of understanding. So as long as you work hard and make the most of your academic advantage - making sure you understand as you work through the course, you should definitely be fine.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.