Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth applying to do Psychology at a university wanting A*AA-AAA if my predicted grades are A*AB, the B being in biology. However I know I can get an A in biology but will I even be considered if the requirements are not met?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluorescentM)
    Is it worth applying to do Psychology at a university wanting A*AA-AAA if my predicted grades are A*AB, the B being in biology. However I know I can get an A in biology but will I even be considered if the requirements are not met?
    You may aswell try to make 1/2 applications that are above your predicted grades (as they should be taken with a pinch of salt). Just make sure you also have applied to less competitive unisaswell for insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluorescentM)
    When applying, universities also consider other factors like your personal statement, and performance during interviews (if you attended any) as well as any extra courses of activities you may have taken part in (i.e summer schools, extra curricular etc) so don't worry if your predicted grades don't meet the entry requirements, as your application isn't solely based on them.

Just to be safe, you can always ask your tutor if there is anything you can do to get that grade up for the sake of applying to university - tutors will usually try their best to bump the grade up, or inform you of things you could do to make it go up.

There is bound to be something you can do to show the university you're a very strong candidate, and you shouldn't base your entire application's worth on your predicted grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by actualkira)
    When applying, universities also consider other factors like your personal statement, and performance during interviews (if you attended any) as well as any extra courses of activities you may have taken part in (i.e summer schools, extra curricular etc) so don't worry if your predicted grades don't meet the entry requirements, as your application isn't solely based on them.

Just to be safe, you can always ask your tutor if there is anything you can do to get that grade up for the sake of applying to university - tutors will usually try their best to bump the grade up, or inform you of things you could do to make it go up.

There is bound to be something you can do to show the university you're a very strong candidate, and you shouldn't base your entire application's worth of your predicted grades!
    Ok thank you so much, this was really helpful!

ReputationRep:
    I heard that universities give different offers depends of your predictions. If your teacher gives you highest prediction grade, uni will give you offer with higher grade too according to your prediction and you might not get this grade.

Example: two girls last year filed on the same course (something with literature) at Exeter Uni. The requirement was A * AA.

Prediction grade first girl was AAA, she was given just such offer and she got this place. Prediction second girl was A*A*A* and the same course the same university sent the offer A* A* A*.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 15, 2015
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.