The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arrow_h
What do you mean by interpreted in both ways?

Cos it doesnt explicitly say he died you can also take it as he surrendered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by s_ahmed2
Cos it doesnt explicitly say he died you can also take it as he surrendered.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So in the exam would it be okay to just say "the police caught him"
Original post by arrow_h
So in the exam would it be okay to just say "the police caught him"

Yes but the exam is more about explaining why etc and what it represents, you won't get many marks for telling the story.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
Original post by arrow_h
Guys in Al Liss wa Al Kalab, does Aleesh and Nabwiah die in the story? And does Saed get arrested or die at the end of the story??

Nebawiah and Alish live somewhere else as mentioned in the book, and no one knows where they went, so it's not mentioned we don't have to Knw were , so the story stops mentioning them, and saeed dies at the end , the police shot him.
Original post by Miminfl
Nebawiah and Alish live somewhere else as mentioned in the book, and no one knows where they went, so it's not mentioned we don't have to Knw were , so the story stops mentioning them, and saeed dies at the end , the police shot him.

Okay thank you. Also did Saed try to kill Aleesh but instead killed another man?
Reply 105
That's correct , he killed a man named sha3ban thinking it was was Alish
Can someone suggest reasons with evidence to show the reason why Ilish married Nabawiya? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 107
Can someone suggest reasons with evidence to show the reason why Ilish married Nabawiya? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the book, all it says that both like each other, and got married after sa3eed went to prison, there is nothing else tbh, that's what my book says l. Where did you get that question? I doubt it comes in the exam.
Original post by Miminfl
In the book, all it says that both like each other, and got married after sa3eed went to prison, there is nothing else tbh, that's what my book says l. Where did you get that question? I doubt it comes in the exam.

My teacher made a comment on one of my essays to mention that. I think we had to make an interpretation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
My teacher made a comment on one of my essays to mention that. I think we had to make an interpretation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll ask my mom, but I don't think there is a reason, he just liked her and decided to marry her after they planned to make sa3eed go to prison, I'll still ask her today and let you know.
Original post by Miminfl
I'll ask my mom, but I don't think there is a reason, he just liked her and decided to marry her after they planned to make sa3eed go to prison, I'll still ask her today and let you know.

Okay thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 111

To interprete it like giving an opinion why he married her, as said in the book that Alish works for sa3eed, he used to help him with stealing and stuff just like he is his boss, this probebly made him feel small and build hate for him to the point where he wanted to live his life and betrayed him by marrying his wife. Nabawia is already a cheater , she always steals money from houses she works in, so they have the same habit which made them get along. That's how I would interpret it.
just making sure but there will 100% be a question on al-liss wal-kilab right?
Original post by zeinkaram98
just making sure but there will 100% be a question on al-liss wal-kilab right?

Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so screwed for this exam...didn't have a teacher for arabic and can hardly think of what to write :/
Original post by Sharaf371
I'm so screwed for this exam...didn't have a teacher for arabic and can hardly think of what to write :/

Me too! I'm so worried I think I'm going to try memorising essays
Does anybody have an predictions as to what might come up for al-liss wal kilab?
Reply 117
Gonna do the arabic paper in the morning and bio in the afternoon! 2 exams on the same day!!!! 😒
I'm interested in doing A level Arabic too. Which books are you using? I can't find any here.
Reply 119
How was the paper guys?!!!

Latest