Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Good-day Student Room,

At the Sixth Form I go to, we are supposed to do enrichment activities every week although we are supposed to sign up to such activities on our own behalf. So I was wondering what sort of activities would be suitable for myself as I plan on studying Civil Engineering at university once I have completed my A-levels.

Thank-you very much for any answers given.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by FalchionBetaMK)
    Good-day Student Room,

At the Sixth Form I go to, we are supposed to do enrichment activities every week although we are supposed to sign up to such activities on our own behalf. So I was wondering what sort of activities would be suitable for myself as I plan on studying Civil Engineering at university once I have completed my A-levels.

Thank-you very much for any answers given.
    The Engineering Education Scheme is a really brilliant thing if your school offers it (it requires a very big time commitment though). Other than that, maybe an EPQ? Alternatively, whilst this isn't a weekly enrichment activity, there are some engineering-themed summer schools which you might be interested in such as EDT Headstart courses, UNIQ (if you got very good GCSE results and you go to a state school), Smallpeice, and Sutton Trust (for state schools and they're heavily means-tested).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    The Engineering Education Scheme is a really brilliant thing if your school offers it (it requires a very big time commitment though). Other than that, maybe an EPQ? Alternatively, whilst this isn't a weekly enrichment activity, there are some engineering-themed summer schools which you might be interested in such as EDT Headstart courses, UNIQ (if you got very good GCSE results and you go to a state school), Smallpeice, and Sutton Trust (for state schools and they're heavily means-tested).
    Thank-you very much for the reply and sorry for the late response, have a good day!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.