Turn on thread page Beta

How often should you dry clean a suit? watch

ReputationRep:
    I just started sixth form and I have to wear a suit, meaning I wear the suit daily. I only have one suit but I could buy another one if necessary.

How often should I take it to the dry cleaners?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timlong365)
    I just started sixth form and I have to wear a suit, meaning I wear the suit daily. I only have one suit but I could buy another one if necessary.

How often should I take it to the dry cleaners?
    Do you mean one suit jacket? As long as you have multiple ties, trousers and shirts you're fine. But if you really want another suit jacket there's no reason why you couldn't get it.

Dry clean it every month if you're wearing it every day and that's your only one. If you do it too much it doesn't do the material any good. Freshen it with febreeze every few days or so and always leave it to air. You don't want a musky smelling suit jacket.

ReputationRep:
    I had to wear a suit from the age of 11.

Spot cleaning is better than dry cleaning and I think twice a year dry cleaning was what was done. The chemicals are nasty. A second suit and airing is the answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Do you mean one suit jacket? As long as you have multiple ties, trousers and shirts you're fine. But if you really want another suit jacket there's no reason why you couldn't get it.

Dry clean it every month if you're wearing it every day and that's your only one. If you do it too much it doesn't do the material any good. Freshen it with febreeze every few days or so and always leave it to air. You don't want a musky smelling suit jacket.
    Do you think dry cleaning the whole suit (jacket + trousers) every six weeks is alright?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timlong365)
    Do you think dry cleaning the whole suit (jacket + trousers) every six weeks is alright?
    Buy some durable trousers that are machine washable, it will just add to the cost of dry cleaning and if you get something down them you'll have to wait a day for them to be cleaned.

ReputationRep:
    My grandfather was a master tailor and would always provide 2 pairs of trousers to one jacket
    Some shops sell jacket/trousers separately but in "suit" style, so you can buy off the peg

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.