Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

yeah thanks, i just saw it too :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by CapitalC
Still waiting on one more uni :/, If i dont get an offer from them, then Cardiff will be my firm. Just receieved an email about a Physics and astronomy applicant day which involves a 'academic one to one discussion' is this compulsory? Did you get something similar?

No I got invited to like an open day, which is tomorrow. But I can't make it. I think people who haven't yet recieved an offer have the 1to1 discussion. I went to one for Swansea before they gave me an offer and it was just a general chat with a lecturer really.
I am applying for Chemistry (MChem) and I am from Germany! :smile: Last week I received a conditional offer. :smile:
Original post by CapitalC
Still waiting on one more uni :/, If i dont get an offer from them, then Cardiff will be my firm. Just receieved an email about a Physics and astronomy applicant day which involves a 'academic one to one discussion' is this compulsory? Did you get something similar?

I'm going to an applicant day tomorrow and it says about an academic one to one discussion which they have allocated 1hr 15mins for. They've given me an offer so I don't really understand what this is for.
Anybody did their education at Cardiff University specialized in BEng/ Mechanical degree.

I have got an offer direct entry to year 3 of BEng/ Mechanical.

Need your advise please:smile:
Reply 365
Doing Comp. Sci, and I'm from around Cardiff.
Original post by hyjacked
I'm going to an applicant day tomorrow and it says about an academic one to one discussion which they have allocated 1hr 15mins for. They've given me an offer so I don't really understand what this is for.

How did it go? I was invited to attend but had my Chemistry coursework
hiii,I'm on a gap year and have just accepted my unconditional offer for journalism,media and English lit-anyone else planning on studying this??:smile:
Original post by Millie97
hiii,I'm on a gap year and have just accepted my unconditional offer for journalism,media and English lit-anyone else planning on studying this??:smile:

Hey, I'm gonna study English lit but I'm torn between Sheffield and Cardiff atm...
Original post by effie13
sorry to bump in like this, but does anyone know when to apply for accommodation in halls ?
My application has already been unconditional , so should i start booking?

booking is open now, i just did it :smile:
where are people applying for accommodation I'm so stuck between taly gate and taly south!?
Original post by hyjacked

Same, my one is on the 24th. I just think its a bit unnecessary, but then again, it would be nice to see the department/campus.
Original post by Adelemyqueen
Hey, I'm gonna study English lit but I'm torn between Sheffield and Cardiff atm...

Obviously I would say Cardiff! The city is amazing and the choice of English lit modules are insane...just do what you feel is right 😊
It was a bit of a waste of time tbh, especially if you've visited before. The one to one chat was just a chat like the Q&As they do but with just you and an acedemic.
We just saw a lab, the library and a computer room, had a mini lecture thing on black holes and the usual why you should study physics here talk and a presentation on how ucas and doing our exams works, for some reason.
On all the other applicant days that I've been to we've had tours round the campus to see the union and had the chance to see the accomodation but we didnt do any of that.
Original post by Millie97
Obviously I would say Cardiff! The city is amazing and the choice of English lit modules are insane...just do what you feel is right 😊

I have only been to Cardiff once (for a couple of hours) and I liked the city too! I know it's just so hard to choose as I'm not gonna get the chance to visit Sheffield...
Just submitted my accommodation choices
Original post by Gracemarielewis
Just submitted my accommodation choices

Where have you put as your first choice?
Original post by lgreenley16
Where have you put as your first choice?

I couldn't believe I had to put 10 choices! Towards the end I was putting anything down but my first was Talybont South because it's a good location and it's cheaper than Taylbont Court and Talybont Gate.
Original post by Gracemarielewis
I couldn't believe I had to put 10 choices! Towards the end I was putting anything down but my first was Talybont South because it's a good location and it's cheaper than Taylbont Court and Talybont Gate.

I know it's crazy I'm looking at it now!! I just can't decide between taly south and taly gate, looks so nice but south seems more social
Original post by lgreenley16
I know it's crazy I'm looking at it now!! I just can't decide between taly south and taly gate, looks so nice but south seems more social

Tally Gate is nice buts it £700 more which I didn't think was worth it!

Quick Reply