The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Just received an interview from Cumbria- anyone else apply there!?
Has anybody at all received an interview date from Manchester? I know they've had a big overhaul of their interview process this year so didn't think they'd be leaving interviews until after the UCAS deadline...they're going from group interviews to individual ones and anticipate that they may not be able to interview as many due to time constraints.

It's taken my college a month to put my reference together and send it to UCAS but the application is finally with the unis as of this morning. How long has everyone else waited before hearing from their choices?
Original post by Jolleigh
Has anybody at all received an interview date from Manchester? I know they've had a big overhaul of their interview process this year so didn't think they'd be leaving interviews until after the UCAS deadline...they're going from group interviews to individual ones and anticipate that they may not be able to interview as many due to time constraints.

It's taken my college a month to put my reference together and send it to UCAS but the application is finally with the unis as of this morning. How long has everyone else waited before hearing from their choices?

I heard off them just over a week after I sent my application. They said I'd get an interview after they have seen what my grades are like between January and February as I'm doing an access course. So they are giving them out x
Original post by katienursing2015
I heard off them just over a week after I sent my application. They said I'd get an interview after they have seen what my grades are like between January and February as I'm doing an access course. So they are giving them out x

Only a week? That's encouraging! I'm on an access course too. Well, I've actually finished it but the invigilator isn't in until January to sign my grades off. If none of them change I'm alright on the grades front. Did you go to the access open day?
Only a week? That's encouraging! I'm on an access course too. Well, I've actually finished it but the invigilator isn't in until January to sign my grades off. If none of them change I'm alright on the grades front. Did you go to the access open day?

No I couldn't make it that day but I think a few people on my course went! Did you? What did they say?
Posted from TSR Mobile

There was a lot crammed in depending on which sessions you chose to go to. The morning was mainly dedicated to applications, personal statements, etc. The nursing session in the afternoon was really informative though. Told us about the changes to their interview process, numbers applying vs number of places, grade requirements. They also said that field-specific experience isn't a requirement, which I was very surprised by. And of course they spoke lots about the course itself and placements.
Posted from TSR Mobile

There was a lot crammed in depending on which sessions you chose to go to. The morning was mainly dedicated to applications, personal statements, etc. The nursing session in the afternoon was really informative though. Told us about the changes to their interview process, numbers applying vs number of places, grade requirements. They also said that field-specific experience isn't a requirement, which I was very surprised by. And of course they spoke lots about the course itself and placements.

How people people are applying compared to the amount of places? And how is the interview there changing?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Off the top of my head, I think he said 58 places for child nursing with an expectation of 10 applicants per place.

The interview used to be tests in the morning and a group interview in the afternoon. Now it's a presentation in the morning and individual panel interviews in the afternoon.
Original post by kjade95
About 4 weeks ago! Just received a rejection from Bradford :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't lose hope!!!
Brighton uni interview over!

Now it's a waiting game...
Original post by Haleema832
Don't lose hope!!!

Just received another unsuccessful from Huddersfield. This is such a hard process :frown: have you heard from anymore?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I haven't heard back from Huddersfield, Leeds or Manchester so I wouldn't worry yet!! If you don't mind, what were the reasons? because I got back to Manchester and it was a small misunderstanding so if I was you I would make sure I have a strong reason :smile:
Anyone had offers yet? I've had interviews and still nothing :/
Original post by topdot12
Anyone had offers yet? I've had interviews and still nothing :/

Some unis for children's nursing wait till the end of the UCAS cycle (around April) before giving offers out so they can do all their interviews first because it's so popular.
Original post by Haleema832
No I haven't heard back from Huddersfield, Leeds or Manchester so I wouldn't worry yet!! If you don't mind, what were the reasons? because I got back to Manchester and it was a small misunderstanding so if I was you I would make sure I have a strong reason :smile:

It's fine, they haven't given me a reason. I've emailed Bradford and with Huddersfield you have to write and post it off to the university so I've done that. Would just like feedback for future reference!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Here's to another day of refreshing emails...
Original post by emmawebb
Here's to another day of refreshing emails...

And with me.. This waiting is torture! Makes the days feel so much longer
Original post by kjade95
It's fine, they haven't given me a reason. I've emailed Bradford and with Huddersfield you have to write and post it off to the university so I've done that. Would just like feedback for future reference!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck:wink:
Well Salford don't beat about the bush
Posted from TSR Mobile

Shouldn't have hit send then!

They've offered me an interview just 2 days after receiving my application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending