Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Abcdeabcde
Has anyone heard back from Manchester or Huddersfield

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive applied for both havent heard back yet
Original post by Tab19
that's great, I'm so nervous for mine, dreading it, how long did it last for and what types of things did they ask if you don't mind me asking xx

They didn't ask anything out of the ordinary. It was just normal questions. If you are prepared and let your passion show you'll be fine xx
Original post by tiffsssx
Hey! Sorry to but into your conversation, just wondering how the interview at BCU was and how was the maths test as I'm extremely nervous about that!

Tests are absolute fine. If you do the tests that they have online it's similar to that. No need to worry x
Original post by Jenna_97
I have had the exact same thing happen to me so i think i might try to call them this week. Could you let me know how you get on, im really confused at to what has happened :smile:

Jenna, I just got an e-mail from admissions saying that my application was unsuccessful due to my personal statement not being strong enough and that a good personal statement shows detailed understanding of the subject related to experience which is funny seeing as I have quite a lot of experience and explained quite clearly how I could use that in child nursing.

They need to sort their admissions process out and not invite people to attend interviews if they haven't even read their personal statements! Inviting a candidate to an interview, confirming their place on that interview and then the next day stating that an application was unsuccessful due to not having a strong enough PS is, quite frankly, BS!

Did you manage to speak to them?
Original post by allym123
Jenna, I just got an e-mail from admissions saying that my application was unsuccessful due to my personal statement not being strong enough and that a good personal statement shows detailed understanding of the subject related to experience which is funny seeing as I have quite a lot of experience and explained quite clearly how I could use that in child nursing.

They need to sort their admissions process out and not invite people to attend interviews if they haven't even read their personal statements! Inviting a candidate to an interview, confirming their place on that interview and then the next day stating that an application was unsuccessful due to not having a strong enough PS is, quite frankly, BS!

Oh no! What happened? Have you still got your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I have an interview at BCU on Friday for Children's nursing! Has anyone had an interview at BCU already? I'm really nervous about what questions they're going to ask x
Original post by BrogSmith
Oh no! What happened? Have you still got your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly - No idea! I logged into the hobsons site and it said I was invited to interview and to select one and register - which I did! I received everything confirming my interview. On Friday I had an e-mail from UCAS Track saying something had changed, I assumed it would be to my interview so logged in and checked only to find an update to say that my application was unsuccessful due to my personal statement not being strong enough. I checked hobsons and all the info for my interview was still there so I was pretty confused - I e-mailed the uni and haven't had a direct response but this morning there was an automated e-mail from the uni to say my application was unsuccessful due to my PS not being strong enough.

I've tried to call them on all of the numbers the suggest but have had no luck getting through & they say they are receiving high volumes of calls so I have left them a message asking them to let me know if I HAVE been invited to the interview that I have confirmation of or if for some reason they have now decided to pull that.

They've just left me completely confused and the process doesn't seem to make any sense at all! Why invite candidates to interview before deciding if their PS is strong enough or not?!
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone had an interview at Southampton in the afternoon? I've got mine on the 25th Jan and I'm just worried about it overrunning, if I don't catch the train at 6pm I won't be able to get home! Anyone who's had an interview what time did it finish?
Honestly - No idea! I logged into the hobsons site and it said I was invited to interview and to select one and register - which I did! I received everything confirming my interview. On Friday I had an e-mail from UCAS Track saying something had changed, I assumed it would be to my interview so logged in and checked only to find an update to say that my application was unsuccessful due to my personal statement not being strong enough. I checked hobsons and all the info for my interview was still there so I was pretty confused - I e-mailed the uni and haven't had a direct response but this morning there was an automated e-mail from the uni to say my application was unsuccessful due to my PS not being strong enough.

I've tried to call them on all of the numbers the suggest but have had no luck getting through & they say they are receiving high volumes of calls so I have left them a message asking them to let me know if I HAVE been invited to the interview that I have confirmation of or if for some reason they have now decided to pull that.

They've just left me completely confused and the process doesn't seem to make any sense at all! Why invite candidates to interview before deciding if their PS is strong enough or not?!

Don't panic! It's really annoying that you can't get hold of them! Surely it must be a mistake??

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's frustrating you can't get hold of them! Surely it must be a mistake if your interview is all booked? Good luck with it, let me know when you hear from them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 790
Original post by _melissamitchel
Has anyone heard back about their english and numeracy tests at LSBU? I done my tests on the 9th and wondered if anyone else went this day and has been offered an interview?

yeah i was there as well and I still have not heard anything back from them. They where supposed to update our UCAS last week monday but they still havent done it.
Reply 791
Original post by emmawebb
Hey, so who all has offers already and for which university? I have my interview for Staffordshire uni on tues (19th of jan) and my DMU interview on weds (20th of jan). I then have my maths and English test for Wolverhampton uni (burton campus) on the 9th of feb and I'm waiting for Angila Ruskin to give me a date as my first one fell on the same date as my Staffordshire interview. Chester rejected me after asking for a second reference but my feedback was that I had a strong enough case, but I needed to relate my personal achievements more towards children's nursing, which I found quite odd as I made sure everything that was written was referenced back to child nursing, so I was confused and upset about that ..although I'm taking the positives from it and Im excited for mt other interviews and really hope I get a place this year. I love hearing everyone else's stories too xx

I have my interview for staffordshire the day after yours, tell me how it goes. Im kind of nervous about that one.
Reply 792
Original post by skytrenfield
I got an offer from Kingston!! ☺️ Had both the tests & interviews today & got rang up soon after!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

congratulations :smile:.
I'm having my maths and english test on the 11th of february. Do you have any tips for the test and interview and can you share your experiene?
Original post by BrogSmith
It's frustrating you can't get hold of them! Surely it must be a mistake if your interview is all booked? Good luck with it, let me know when you hear from them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just received an e-mail to say it was an error with their system and they still want me to come to the selection day. So relieved!!! Will see you there :smile:
Reply 794
Original post by Madam6
Hi. I just got an Invitation for test for LSBU children's nursing on the 23rd of January. I'm not really scared of math but I'm not sure with English. Do You need to write an essay or something? If You pass, are You having an interview? I don't have any experience related to children except being a mother myself... And I dont have a clue what kind of questions they can ask You about. Has anyone had an interview there? Any advices? Thanks:smile:

I have done the maths and english test for lSBU and I found it quite easy Don't worry about the English test, you just have to read a text and answear 5 multiple choice questions. I had my test with them last week but i still havent heard back.
Good Luck xx
Reply 795
Is anyone going to Staffordshire on wednesday 20th?
I've just received an e-mail to say it was an error with their system and they still want me to come to the selection day. So relieved!!! Will see you there :smile:

So relived for you!! Good luck on the day, see you there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, i also received the same confirmation email and i have tried several times to contact them but can never get through. I have sent them an email so i will just have to wait and see!
Original post by Jenna_97
Hi, i also received the same confirmation email and i have tried several times to contact them but can never get through. I have sent them an email so i will just have to wait and see!

I left them a voicemail in the end and asked them to clarify the situation for me because I was taking a day off work to attend the interview. Fingers crossed you hear from them soon and it was part of the same error.
I left them a voicemail in the end and asked them to clarify the situation for me because I was taking a day off work to attend the interview. Fingers crossed you hear from them soon and it was part of the same error.

Forgot to say, they said it was an administration error and still want me to attend the selection day so it will probably be the same for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending