The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paediatric84
9th march xx

I have my interview in April. What can I expect?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1541
Original post by jolly81
Damn, all the ou courses start in Oct and finish in July which is way too late! I've found an Access course which I'm going to suggest to the tutor as it looks like it covers loads and is worth 45 credits so fingers crossed that'll be ok.

Was it bournemouth you were accepted at I can't remember? I'm super excited about southampton but part of me is really gutted I didn't even get an interview at bmth as I live here! The commute back from soton took me over 90 mins this afternoon which is ridiculous for a 30mins journey!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Salford have asked me to do 30 credit level 3 module. They implied I could do this through ou in a couple of months but nothing starts till October so would need to push back starting until April 17
I'm going to contact them next week. It's so frustrating!
Had an interview yesterday at uclan so hoping for an offer there that would be my top choice as the commute to Salford can be pretty horrid too!
Good luck
The morning starts at ten, a short talk is given by a lecturer about the course and how it is delivered i.e split weeks. Next is form filling and giving in our academic certificates. An hour lunch is given before we were asked to go back into the room. Their was a question and answer session with current students whilst groups were called up for their one to one. All fields were present on the day i attended and i met some lovely adult and mental health candidates. The people who had the furthest to travel home were interviewed earlier than those who were local. The interview was taken by the senior child lecturer and another child lecturer and was short, around ten to fifteen mins. It is nothing to worry about, certainly no questions that are to catch anyone out xx
Original post by jolly81
Damn, all the ou courses start in Oct and finish in July which is way too late! I've found an Access course which I'm going to suggest to the tutor as it looks like it covers loads and is worth 45 credits so fingers crossed that'll be ok.

Was it bournemouth you were accepted at I can't remember? I'm super excited about southampton but part of me is really gutted I didn't even get an interview at bmth as I live here! The commute back from soton took me over 90 mins this afternoon which is ridiculous for a 30mins journey!

You'll need time to complete an access course. 12 months is usually how long it takes, but you could probably do it in 6 with a lot of hard work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tracijune
You'll need time to complete an access course. 12 months is usually how long it takes, but you could probably do it in 6 with a lot of hard work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's definitely going to be really hard work but it's a distance learning course which offers a lot of flexibility with the dates so it's literally the only course that will work so I'm going to make it work!

I'm going to do everything humanly possible to start the course in feb!

Original post by jolly81
It's definitely going to be really hard work but it's a distance learning course which offers a lot of flexibility with the dates so it's literally the only course that will work so I'm going to make it work!

Is it with the DLC? That's who I'm doing mine with and for June moderation (which you need to start uni in September) you have to have all your work submitted by the end of May. I'm just letting you know because it's a lot of money to spend and it really is hard work. I hope you figure something out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jolly81

Can I send you a message? I've got an idea that my tutor at the DLC suggested to me - it might work for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone here been offered a place by UWE?
Original post by paediatric84
The morning starts at ten, a short talk is given by a lecturer about the course and how it is delivered i.e split weeks. Next is form filling and giving in our academic certificates. An hour lunch is given before we were asked to go back into the room. Their was a question and answer session with current students whilst groups were called up for their one to one. All fields were present on the day i attended and i met some lovely adult and mental health candidates. The people who had the furthest to travel home were interviewed earlier than those who were local. The interview was taken by the senior child lecturer and another child lecturer and was short, around ten to fifteen mins. It is nothing to worry about, certainly no questions that are to catch anyone out xx

Thank you for the help
Is anyone who has firmed Southampton going to the welcome to nursing day on Tuesday? :smile:
Original post by allym123
Is anyone who has firmed Southampton going to the welcome to nursing day on Tuesday? :smile:

I'm going!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BrogSmith

Cool, will see you there! :biggrin: How are you getting there? I am driving & parking near some halls then have to catch the bus...hoping it's easy & I'm not late! Ha
Anyone going ljmu applicant day on Wednesday?
Original post by BrogSmith

I'm going too :smile:
Hi, has anyone had their interview at Sheffield Hallam who could give me a few pointers? Have mine coming up and really want to be prepared! Thanks :smile:
Hi, is there anybody with an offer from King's College?
Original post by SeeingIsBelieving
Anyone here been offered a place by UWE?

Had my interview last Monday for child nursing, haven't heard anything yet! When was yours?
I've just had an interview invitation for childrens nursing today for tomorrow 1pm, I live in london and the interview is at Salford Uni in Manchester, just think it's quite late notice to send an interview for 2 days time? Just wondering if thats normal as i don't think i can get there. I haven't heard from anywhere yet! Had 3 interviews so far :/
Original post by Skent21
I've just had an interview invitation for childrens nursing today for tomorrow 1pm, I live in london and the interview is at Salford Uni in Manchester, just think it's quite late notice to send an interview for 2 days time? Just wondering if thats normal as i don't think i can get there. I haven't heard from anywhere yet! Had 3 interviews so far :/

Send them an email and explain to them that as you live quite far you need more notice to make travel arrangements and ask to reschedule. I had to reschedule my interview at Salford and they didn't have a problem with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anybody going to UCS? Not actually come across anybody yet, I was unsuccessful but on their reserve list! Not hopeful though 😔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending