Essex University Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Hi, if you went to Essex University and received a conditional offer, please could you tell me what grades they accepted you with, thanks.
Koloth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
Hi, if you went to Essex University and received a conditional offer, please could you tell me what grades they accepted you with, thanks.
The University of Essex (yes, I prefer saying this way as it sounds better ) is my firm and I'm quite confident that I will be going their this September/October. As for offers it will depend on the subject and the year. Overall their has been an increase in applicants for Essex and universities as a whole this year. so I would imagine they'll be sticking closer to their offers than they usually would. On my interview there, I actually asked a professor (of my subject) a similar question and he said in the end they would prefer to take a student that just missed their offer but is enthusiastic as well as interested in the subject than someone who is applying through clearing that matches the standard offer grades but originally had a unrelated subject from a different university as their firm.

Since I've done a lot of research on this university, you may find these links useful:

http://www.essex.ac.uk/ (official university website)
http://www.essexstudent.com/ (students union website, which includes a messageboard which might be the best place for your question)
I also found that they have their own irc server at irc.essex.ac.uk where the students are often chatting. There in the channel #Essex as well as society specific channels. There can all very helpful as I've asked a few questions myself.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I did a degree in Modern Languages and Linguistics at Essex. It is a great place to study and there is a real sense of community on campus.
What subjects are you both hoping to study by the way?
Koloth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I did a degree in Modern Languages and Linguistics at Essex. It is a great place to study and there is a real sense of community on campus.
What subjects are you both hoping to study by the way?
Computer Science.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I was going to do Computer SCience until I realised how difficult the actual degree is. There's also a shortage of jobs in the computing industry.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1462)
79.59%
Leave (375)
20.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed