augustusboi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys, I'm did a really late app on UCAS since my reference and exam results (not UK) stalled me for a long time and I only finished it today. I really wanted to go St. Andrews but I missed the deadline since I couldn't fill out the app without my exam results. My second choice was Edinburgh, which shows up vacancies on UCAS clearing 2015, and I called them when it was non-operating hours to inquire but a recoded msg said that the University of Edinburgh wasn't doing clearing this year? or at least it said something like that but can anyone clear this up? Why show vacancies on clearing if they are not doing it this year?
Skill Twix
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by augustusboi)
Hey guys, I'm did a really late app on UCAS since my reference and exam results (not UK) stalled me for a long time and I only finished it today. I either wanted to go St. Andrews but I missed the deadline since I couldn't fill out the app without my exam results. My second choice was Edinburgh, which shows up vacancies on UCAS clearing 2015, and I called them when it was non-operating hours to inquire but a recoded msg said that the University of Edinburgh wasn't doing clearing this year? or at least it said something like that but can anyone clear this up? Why show vacancies on clearing if they are not doing it?
Check it on the uni's website whether they are in clearing or not!Telegraph clearing doesn't usually update
augustusboi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Yeah, their website states they could have vacancies for clearing for non-EU internationals with a link to the UCAS search tool.

http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergr.../ucas/clearing

Maybe I'm not clearly understanding the msg, It has a heavy accent to me, but can anyone give a hand and call this phone and decipher what she's saying about clearing?

01316 504360

Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (157)
59.47%
No I haven't decided yet (61)
23.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.42%

Watched Threads