Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Due to finish college easter 2016 with a triple distinction* which is worth 420 UCAS points (Travel & Tourism Level 3 Extended Diploma).

I have been doing some research on a few uni's including: Portsmouth; Surrey; Loughborough; Kent; Southampton; Leicester. Which universities are best for overall experience so the quality of teaching, support given, social life, accommodation etc.

I am interested in studying something within the business category from management to marketing & advertising or innovation. Could people also suggest which uni's are good for these specific courses and also some info on the courses, are they fun? Challenging etc?

I would love to learn more about what former/current students thought of the uni they attended.

ReputationRep:
    Try looking on the university league tables

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnamon_Fairy)
    Try looking on the university league tables
    I have, but I want to hear peoples real experiences and stories.

ReputationRep:
    I studied travel and tourism level 3 and achieved triple distinction *. I start university tomorrow studying business & management at aston university. I was told no chance i would get in as no high profile business schools would allow somebody in without business studies at a-level. However having managerial experience at work filled my personal statement and felt it really helped me. I only chose aston to see if i could do it and i have. My other 4 choices were much lower end for business related courses. My advice would be to aim high with 1-2 choices and have 3-4 insurance options.
    Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello, congrats for getting into uni. I am Hina and i am doing A2 Travel and Tourism at the moment and find it difficult to get resources to help with my work. I was wondering whether you could help me because you did really well in travel and tourism. What resources did you use ? Did you have any model work? Anything would be useful.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I did a btec so it was much easier to gain resources. The text books i found had an awful lot of answers for the basics really. However the internet i found most helpful. You can find previously done work on there if you look for long enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.