Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm studying abroad for this year in Australia and i am taking an elective module called photomedia (im a biology student normally).

It's basically dslr camera introduction and we have to do a project/journal for it. I just cannot think of anything to do though, any ideas? this is what we were given as instructions:

'Theme: "Place"

a. An area with definite or indefinite boundaries; a portion of space.
    b. Room or space, especially adequate space

a. The particular portion of space occupied by or allocated to a person or thing.
    b. A building or an area set aside for a specified purpose

a. A dwelling.
    b. A business establishment or office.
    c. A locality, such as a town or city.

a. A space in which one person, such as a passenger or spectator, can sit or stand.
    b. A setting for one person at a table.

5. A position regarded as belonging to someone or something else

6. A particular point that one has reached.

7. A particular spot, as on the body.

a. The proper or designated role or function: the place of the media in a free society.
    b. The proper or customary position or order: These books are out of place.
    c. A suitable setting or occasion: not the place to argue.
    d. The appropriate right or duty: not her place to criticize.

9. Social station: He overstepped his place.

10. A particular situation or circumstance: Put yourself in my place.

Using the above broad definitions as a catalyst, and building on the foundation of your 'Camera Skills' exercise, you will explore the theme of "PLACE" using the techniques of still-image photography. You are encouraged to experiment with the camera through familiarizing yourself with the technical possibilities of using aperture, shutter speed, framing and vantage point to document and interpret the familiar and/or not so familiar places that you choose to explore'

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Ahem ... it's your task. That's what it's all about, coming up with creative ideas. If we told you what to do, it wouldn't be you who 'solved' the question

Really, 'place' is such an open theme, you can do almost anything.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 17, 2015
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.