Turn on thread page Beta

'My' take on the Nicole Arbour and Charlotte Proudman scandals. watch

ReputationRep:
    Another week, another outburst from the Feminist community.

Nicole Arbour, a comedian from Ontario, has been under fire for her "fat-shaming" YouTube video. She since lost her job. (http://zap2it.com/2015/09/dear-fat-p...omedian-fired/ )

Charlotte Proudman, a British lawyer, was in the news after receiving a "misogynistic" and "sexist" message from Alexander Carter-Silk, a senior barrister, via LinkedIN. Carter-Silk is still under scrutiny and could lose his job or, at the very least, has had his career dented.

Both these cases were completely blown out of proportion.

In the situation of Nicole Arbour, it is plain to see she's using satire and her female charm to poke fun of those larger than life. None of it was meant to offend, but it seems a lot of people have no backbone.

At a glance, the Proudman saga is a private conversation turned nation outrage. Sure Carter-Silk's comments on Proudman's profile were highly unprofessional; however was there really any need to include his name in the Tweets??

But let's look as this critically.

Can you tell what major difference lies between Nicole Arbour and Charlotte Proudman, besides their profession?

Their looks.

Nicole Arbour is a woman one might call 'Aggressively Beautiful'. She's a very attractive woman and she actively shows it. If you take a minute to watch her video 'Dear fat people', you'll notice it.

Charlotte Proudman on the other hand is what we call 'Inconspiciously Beautiful'. She is definitely above average, but she doesn't express it as much as Arbour... in other words she's more 'conservative'.

However Proudman is a different version of 'Inconspicious Beauty', and I hope this video can show you why.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting video that sums up something that anyone can observe women doing to one another in bars an club's across the country any night of the week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    Interesting video that sums up something that anyone can observe women doing to one another in bars an club's across the country any night of the week.

Funnily enough I was at a club last night and I saw this happen more times than I have fingers on my hands - especially the up-own eye movement.

Why do you think it doesn't occur in us men that much?

ReputationRep:
    Proudman is definitely not beautiful, she's actually ugly in my view. Arbour would be easier to judge if her boobs weren't so in your face.

I think Arbour was right in what she said, we've coddled fat people for too long and they shouldn't think it's okay to be obese.

Proudman is clearly just a radical feminism who would probably try and find a way to argue that the way her toilet flushes is sexist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is why we need meninism

Arbour is a typical lying woman tho, she said youtube pulled her video when she was actually the one who took it down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meninism)
    This is why we need meninism

Arbour is a typical lying woman tho, she said youtube pulled her video when she was actually the one who took it down
    No, YouTube pulled it after receiving a high number of complaints. It is automatic. They reinstated it when the matter was looked into.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.