Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am looking at doing physics at university. I am predicted A*BB (A* in maths, B in physics and History). I am unsure if with these grades I am able to do physics, and if I am which Universities I should be applying to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLonerMoaner)
    Hi, I am looking at doing physics at university. I am predicted A*BB (A* in maths, B in physics and History). I am unsure if with these grades I am able to do physics, and if I am which Universities I should be applying to.
    Look at the Which? university site - you can filter unis by subject and predicted grades. Its not perfect but it gives quick info on things like % of offers made which is useful. You can do Physics with these grades; the A* in maths some will consider more important than the physics grade. Many of the old unis too - Sussex, Salford , Kent would take you - and Hertfordshire from the 'new' unis. They are really high up in the league tables although I would take that with a pinch of salt as most of their score derives from student satisfaction and value added...

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.