The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Excellent :smile:

But, then what's the difference between your university card and the NUS extra card you can buy from the SU?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Whiternoise

But, then what's the difference between your university card and the NUS extra card you can buy from the SU?

Go and check the Ask absolutely anything thread, I've just answered this question over there.
Athene Nike
With regards to buying tickets today, is it essential to buy tickets for everything (e.g, Top B, Electric City, Crash, etc) or just for the 'big' events like the ball, etc?

It's gonna be pretty essential to buy in advance for everything for the first couple of weeks, but once everything settles down you can generally just turn up.
Reply 143
Freshers' Ball and probably the Ministry of Sound night (if you want to go to that) aside, I probably wouldn't buy anything else right now (the first Top B will be huge, but that's on-the-door only). I say that simply because you won't know what your new friends will want to do until you get there - it's pretty certain that at least most of them will be going to the Freshers' Ball, but things like Electric City, Crash etc are very dependent on tastes. They definitely won't sell out more than 48 hours in advance, so I'd wait until getting there before deciding on them. The first Skool Dayz will sell out guaranteed, possibly up to a week in advance if you're unlucky. The first Score...might be worth getting now I guess.
Reply 144
The first Score...might be worth getting now I guess.

Ewww :p:
That's if you expect to join a Sports team. Advise to avoid, otherwise.

Wrt pre-purchasing event tickets, they're often cheaper (by a whole pound!) if you purchase in advance, if that's any incentive.
Reply 145
estel
Ewww :p:
That's if you expect to join a Sports team. Advise to avoid, otherwise.

Even when I was unaffiliated I think my floor went to Score just for laughs. I cant remember how it went.
Whiternoise

The NUS extra card is a waste of money. The union really tries to push them in freshers week but there is very little point in having one. I felt really guilty talking people into getting them last year. Most high street stores give you the discount with your Warwick card and the offers the union runs for extra card holders are always rubbish.
This is gonna sound supremely dumb, but I live off campus so I haven't been to any union events yet...was thinking of going to Electric City next week...but where is Tempo and how do you get into it!?!
Reply 148
strawberry_wise
This is gonna sound supremely dumb, but I live off campus so I haven't been to any union events yet...was thinking of going to Electric City next week...but where is Tempo and how do you get into it!?!

Lol. Tempo is under Grad @ Cholo. if you see the 2 ramps outside the Union, go along the one going down and break a left through slidy doors. You're there!
Chrrye
Lol. Tempo is under Grad @ Cholo. if you see the 2 ramps outside the Union, go along the one going down and break a left through slidy doors. You're there!

Thank you! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending