Turn on thread page Beta

Challenger in League of Legends ... watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been playing League since season 3.

Having reached Challenger elo in solo queue, I stopped having any enjoyment out of playing the game. I realised I was playing for reputation, to be among the top 200 players in Europe which upon achieving, I stopped playing the game completely.

Now my account has been rapidly decaying, currently Master Tier 0 LP and I couldn't care less.

The point of me making this thread isn't to say that League of Legends is a bad game, because it definitely isn't. I still watch the LCS games and I am excited for worlds. I probably will start playing it again after some time (perhaps season 6). But the point is, don't play the game to see your elo rise like I have done. It's good to gain elo, but play for fun, for enjoyment, even if you lose.

#FNATICWIN

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you completely. I don't play LoL, but I found myself in a similar mentality for CS:GO. I was consistently ranked in the top 500 RWS on ESEA (competitive platform for CS:GO) for a good few months, before I realized that each game I played was ultimately stressful and frustrating; I would play for the sole purpose of maintain those stats as oppose to enjoying the game and getting better at it. I would get angry at incompetence team mates whenever they made mistakes instead of attempting to teach how they should've played a certain situation. At the end of each game, I'd feel terrible about it, but would still continue to do it. I became this hypocrite, and would alienate everyone I came across in my road towards the top -- a figment of me which polarized the person I was in real life.

I haven't played the game in a few weeks now due to time restraints, but every now-and-again I boot up the game and play a fun little game with a few school friends (who are terrible, I should add). I've also fallen out of the competitive ladder rankings (>1000) because of inactivity, but I now enjoy the game for its incredibly high skill-ceiling and forceful team play, which I'm sure was the original intention of the developers when the franchise was first developed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETbuymilkandeggs)
    I agree with you completely. I don't play LoL, but I found myself in a similar mentality for CS:GO. I was consistently ranked in the top 500 RWS on ESEA (competitive platform for CS:GO) for a good few months, before I realized that each game I played was ultimately stressful and frustrating; I would get play for the sole purpose of maintain those stats as oppose to enjoying the game and getting better at it. I would get angry at incompetence team mates whenever they made mistakes instead of attempting to teach how they should've played a certain situation. At the end of each game, I'd feel terrible about it, but would still continue to do it. I became this hypocrite, and would alienate everyone I came across in my road towards the top -- a figment of me which polarized the person I was in real life.

I haven't played the game in a few weeks now due to time restraints, but every now-and-again I boot up the game and play a fun little game with a few school friends (who are terrible, I should add). I've also fallen out of the competitive ladder rankings (>1000) because of inactivity, but I now enjoy the game for its incredibly high skill-ceiling and forceful team play, which I'm sure was the original intention of the developers when the franchise was first developed.
    This is so true. I remember the days back with the PS2 and PS1 where competitive gaming wasn't as mainstream as now. We would hook up the multitap and play Crash Team Racing for fun with friends, or play Street fighter and Tekken for a few rounds of fun and try learn new combos.

Competitive gaming is fun, but only if the player himself/herself is playing with the right mentality, something I have recently failed to do, sadly.

ReputationRep:
    I got diamond one then just played normals for fun. Anyway, pretty sad watching the league of Legends world cup don't you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.