Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have currently started my first year at college in the UK studying psychology, sociology, law and politics. I have known for the majority of even my high school years that I want to study in a Swedish university and begin a life there. Of course, I have two years+ to go but to be able to live in Sweden this time in two years will honestly be a dream come true. My parents 100% support me already as they know my love for the country.

However, I'm not sure where to start and need a sense of direction. I have been researching universities, but as I'd be setting up a whole new life, I understand I will need to have funding for living costs eg taxes, rent, etc and insurance there too. There's a lot more to it than choosing a university here in the UK. I have set up a savings account at the start of this month and put all my wages into it which I plan to do with the majority of my pay (I get enough tips as a waitress to have that to spend on myself). As the time grows nearer, my parents are more than happy to help but I want to be as independent as possible financially with this process.

I'd like to mention that I speak Swedish already. I'm a completely self taught 16 year old (17 in two days). I have Swedish friends who have of course helped me a whole lot along the way. I do make mistakes as you'd imagine, but holding a conversation is not difficult anymore. I have not been to Sweden as of yet, but am awaiting for May to roll around for me and my parents to check it out. I understand it may be early to be considering universities as I have only just began college, but with it being abroad, I feel as though I need to be as prepared as possible. I'm terrified of leaving it too late and the chance of me studying in Sweden being impossible.

What are the most important things to consider when starting a process like this? I'm completely lost with where to start.

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of a legit way since I'm planning t study abroad for the first time.
    t seems you're already equipped with how you will get along with the people in sweden since you have swedish friends. I guess I would have to suggest is to plan out your living in Sweden. Before you go there, I think you should look for the good locations that you might want to have you living(apartment or whatever) and consider the accessibility of the apartment. is it near the school? is it near the department store? is it secured and safe? Also, plan out what job you can have during the duration there, and I guess before you move to sweden days before, you should look for a job opening so you wont be having much problem looking for a job when you get there. I hope i helped

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.