Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering if anyone is considering applying to King's College to study law for 2016 entry. What types of AS grades do you have?
    Would they really consider applicants who want to resit an AS subject?
    What types of things would you talk about in your personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of applying to KCL for law, just not 100% sold on it yet. I know it want A*AA and my AS grades are AACC. I'm going to resit a module in one of my subjects to move it from a C to an A next summer as i was only 4 UMS away from a B overall.

what grades did you get? what other unis are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fs1)
    I'm thinking of applying to KCL for law, just not 100% sold on it yet. I know it want A*AA and my AS grades are AACC. I'm going to resit a module in one of my subjects to move it from a C to an A next summer as i was only 4 UMS away from a B overall.

what grades did you get? what other unis are you applying for?
    I got ABCU, dropped the U subject which was physics and I didn't really need... I got a C in English but i'm retaking the exam because I should have a gotten minimum of a B or even an A. I got the B in Religious Studies and I was 3 UMS marks from an A which really stressed me out lol.
    I'm hoping that by dropping physics and picking up GPR and IRR which are more relevant I'll hopefully get an offer??? I'm not sure if they don't accept the Cambridge pre-u courses or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avila.C)
    I got ABCU, dropped the U subject which was physics and I didn't really need... I got a C in English but i'm retaking the exam because I should have a gotten minimum of a B or even an A. I got the B in Religious Studies and I was 3 UMS marks from an A which really stressed me out lol.
    I'm hoping that by dropping physics and picking up GPR and IRR which are more relevant I'll hopefully get an offer??? I'm not sure if they don't accept the Cambridge pre-u courses or not.

What's GPR and IRR??

I'm stressed out too. My french teacher (the subject I got a C in) said that although she's okay with me aiming for an A, the predictions are apparently done by a computer?!
    I'm just super worried about the reality of moving from that C to an A as well as getting an offer.

I REALLLLY want to go UCL, but they are A*AA too. All the unis i'm really interersted in are all wanting A*AA except one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fs1)
    What's GPR and IRR??

I'm stressed out too. My french teacher (the subject I got a C in) said that although she's okay with me aiming for an A, the predictions are apparently done by a computer?!
    I'm just super worried about the reality of moving from that C to an A as well as getting an offer.

I REALLLLY want to go UCL, but they are A*AA too. All the unis i'm really interersted in are all wanting A*AA except one.
    Cambridge Pre-U; Global Perspectives and Research (GPR) and Independent Research Report. They're courses created by Cambridge Uni, equivalent to A-Levels although IRR is similar to university level work.
    I didn't know it's computer based, i'm so scared now yikes.
    I considered UCL but they are extremely conventional in their subject preferences and expect a fourth A-level. All the good universities expect A*AA

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of applying here for Law too. My AS were AAAB, B in maths and I have dropped.
    Although, my GCSE's aren't as strong: 1A*, 7A's, 1B/
    Was wondering if there is a point in applying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vis break)
    I was thinking of applying here for Law too. My AS were AAAB, B in maths and I have dropped.
    Although, my GCSE's aren't as strong: 1A*, 7A's, 1B/
    Was wondering if there is a point in applying
    Your grades are more than fine, chill lol

ReputationRep:
    I need help on what types of things to talk about in my personal statement, I am considering law too

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.