Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted an ABC for my A- levels second year and for my AS I got a BCDU.
    What Universities would actually accept me and what can I do to increase UCAS points.

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend you do a few tactical resits to boost your grades, take a gap year, and apply when you have got your results. If universities consider you based on your predictions you will probably not be able to secure offers from academically reputable institutions. However, if you do as I've suggested, get good grades (i.e. AAB+) and THEN apply, you'll have more to choose from. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the university/course. I'd have a look around at where you want to go/what you want to study and then talk with your teachers about what they recommend you do, e.g which exams could improve your grades if you resat them. ABC are good grades, it just depends on what you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrendaPie)
    It depends on the university/course. I'd have a look around at where you want to go/what you want to study and then talk with your teachers about what they recommend you do, e.g which exams could improve your grades if you resat them. ABC are good grades, it just depends on what you want to do.
    Hi,
    Thank you for your reply
    I took English Literature (B), Psychology (C) and Sociology (D).
    I am resitting one module in Psychology as I got a B for one and D for the other and the exact same for sociology. So I will be retaking two modules.

I want to do Psychology at a university like :Reading, Aston, Brunel and Roehampton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jambojim97)
    I'd recommend you do a few tactical resits to boost your grades, take a gap year, and apply when you have got your results. If universities consider you based on your predictions you will probably not be able to secure offers from academically reputable institutions. However, if you do as I've suggested, get good grades (i.e. AAB+) and THEN apply, you'll have more to choose from. Good luck.
    Yup I am planning to resit two modules to bring up my grades. However, I don't want to take a gap year, do think it wouldn't be good to try and apply without the gap year but take the resists?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _vitsss)
    Yup I am planning to resit two modules to bring up my grades. However, I don't want to take a gap year, do think it wouldn't be good to try and apply without the gap year but take the resists?
    Well, I suppose you could. You'll need to ace your personal statement and if you have any EC's universities will need to know. I know people from my sixth form who got similar AS grades to you and they got offers from top universities. For example, one girl got something like BCCC at AS (in soft/ overlapping subjects may I add), and she achieved A*AB and is not studying a good course at a RG. Furthermore, one guy got crappy grades at AS and got offers from one of the top 20 and other RG's to study some Biomedical degree. Unfortunately he didn't get the grades and has changed to a different subject at an ex-poly through clearing. Nonetheless, anecdotally speaking this shows it's possible.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.