Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm so stuck and confused about where to apply for! I've been doing research but I haven't really found what I've wanted. I've just started A2 and wanting to do Sports Therapy, with about 280-300 ucas points. Location is a big thing for myself so i would love to be in a city! If anybody could help that would amazing, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I was going to suggest looking at Chichester - Chichester's very big on sport, so they have sport development, sport coaching, sport therapy, strength & conditioning, sport psychology, sport & exercise science, physiology, all those kinds of courses. They have brilliant facilities and the SPRU (Sports Performance and Rehabilitation Unit) has a great reputation (just as an example, this is some of the case studies of the work of Chi's Sport & Exercise Sciences department: http://www.chi.ac.uk/department-spor...y/case-studies). But that might not be one that interests you if you're after a big city.

Similarly, I know there's a good Sport Therapy course at the University of Kent Medway campus, but again location might not be ideal for you.

Others I know of are Birmingham, Coventry, London Met, Gloucestershire, Leeds Beckett and Staffs, although I have no idea what the courses are like. Actually I know nothing about Chi's specific Sport Therapy course either, but I do know about the sport department in general and I would recommend Chi to anyone interested in sport.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I'll have a look
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by BWalk26)
    I'm so stuck and confused about where to apply for! I've been doing research but I haven't really found what I've wanted. I've just started A2 and wanting to do Sports Therapy, with about 280-300 ucas points. Location is a big thing for myself so i would love to be in a city! If anybody could help that would amazing, thanks
    Heya,

Just seen the post above, so I thought I'd give you a bit of information about our Sports Therapy course which is accredited by The Society of Sports Therapists. Our typical offer is 300 UCAS points, but we do assess each applicant on an individual basis.

Was there anything in particular you were looking for in the course itself? What would your dream course/university look like?

Staffs is in Stoke-on-Trent, which although is small town in itself is really well connected - you'd be about 40 minutes away from Manchester by train and 50 minutes away from Birmingham. The university campus is really close to the station so it's easy to get out to two big cities. So that's something to think about, there's definitely a bonus of living in Stoke which is inexpensive while also being close to the city

You can check out our FAQ thread on TSR for more info about Staffs Any questions about anything, let me know

Katie

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.