The Student Room Group

Islamic Studies A Level CIE

Hey guys!

Id just like to ask how hard are the papers for Islamic Studies 9013? Are they anal with marks or are they lenient? Also, where can i get resources like past papers etc etc. If any of you have done the course id love to chat!

Scroll to see replies

Never thought I'd read a sentence with "Islamic Studies" and "Anal" in it together.
Reply 2
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Never thought I'd read a sentence with "Islamic Studies" and "Anal" in it together.

Well, being gramatically correct the sentences with 'Islamic' and 'Anal' are separated by a question mark.

Funny **** though man, truly made my day
Reply 4
I just had a look at a past paper. I wouldn't even be able to pass that exam and I'm a muslim lol. It seems hard tbh. Do you learn this in school?
Would unis think this is a soft subject? Might consider doing it privately, CIE have january exams don't they? I could sit it early if they still have early exams
Reply 6
Original post by dmcalinden
Is Islam actually being taught in a British educational institution and apart of a curriculum? Wow, this nation is deteriorating*faster than what I originally thought. See, if the truth was taught, it wouldn't be such a bburden. I hope you learn about the objectification of women, Prophet Muhammad's participation in the slave trade, Islam's influence in the Arab slave trade, the fact that Prophet Muhammad was a paedophile, slave owner, rapist, jihadist, mass murderer, misogynist, assassin, terrorist, hate preacher, looter, leecher, warmongerer, narcissist, cult leader and torturer. Note, this man is perfection personified in Islam, muslims are told to emulate his 'eccentric" life.

The sooner islam is eradicated from this planet, the better for humanity. Unfortunately it only increases. Fortunately people are being enlightened about Islam and it's barbarity, and unfortunately 4 million morons voted for fraudulent, phony nationalist, tories.

actually, if you knew anything about Islamic history or just history in general you'd know all of which you said is ignorant simplistic and frankly displays of miseducation.

yes muhammed had sex,with Aisha between the ages of 12-19, the exact number is unknown however, this was 1400 years ago. People used to get married at 12 in Europe just 150 years ago! That makes you and everyone as far as the eye can reach ancestors of misogynists and pedophiles. Also the 'sex with 9 year old' claim is disputed by almost all scholars and historians, it's a false claim made to decrease muhammed.

there is actually no objectification of women in Islam, however in preislamic Arabia, women weren't legally considered human. Ponder upon that for a moment.. Men do have a degree above women in Islam as the Qur'an states, but not in the sense of equality as they are both equal in terms,of judgment for sins and good deeds etc.

he was a slave owner, and he did trade slaves. However he also freed slaves and made it near obligatory to free slaves in Islam. Slaves could buy their own freedom and take their owners to court as well, resembling a housemaid in many ways. Slaves were an essential and integral part in society in ancient times and so the eradication of slaves would have been a catastrophe. Slaves of war could buy their freedom by teaching 10 Muslims,to read and write or by memorizing the Qur'an . I doubt the British-enslaving-and-colonizing powers in India just a few decades ago would set slaves free on any condition at all, maybe Brits should be eradicated too.

the rest of your claims are baseless and not worthy of clarification and hence why this is the end of this post

oh, and im an atheist.
Reply 7
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Would unis think this is a soft subject? Might consider doing it privately, CIE have january exams don't they? I could sit it early if they still have early exams

you wanna do both papers during this year? Paper one is on October 5 and paper 2 is on 6th. I actually decided on doing Islamic two weeks ago (both papers) and I can easily get a C overall. For Cramming two years into one month a B/C seems pretty ****ing good! It shouldn't be considered a weak subject as not only is it hard and challenging but also applicable in life
Original post by MrBiology
you wanna do both papers during this year? Paper one is on October 5 and paper 2 is on 6th. I actually decided on doing Islamic two weeks ago (both papers) and I can easily get a C overall. For Cramming two years into one month a B/C seems pretty ****ing good! It shouldn't be considered a weak subject as not only is it hard and challenging but also applicable in life

Oh right, didn't realise the exam date was that early. If I knew about this A-level earlier like in July, I would have definitely done it. I would have gone for an A.

However, in your case, having started it only 2 weeks ago, a C is actually good. Try push it up to a B and if you're lucky, an A :smile:
Original post by dmcalinden
Is Islam actually being taught in a British educational institution and apart of a curriculum? Wow, this nation is deteriorating*faster than what I originally thought. See, if the truth was taught, it wouldn't be such a bburden. I hope you learn about the objectification of women, Prophet Muhammad's participation in the slave trade, Islam's influence in the Arab slave trade, the fact that Prophet Muhammad was a paedophile, slave owner, rapist, jihadist, mass murderer, misogynist, assassin, terrorist, hate preacher, looter, leecher, warmongerer, narcissist, cult leader and torturer. Note, this man is perfection personified in Islam, muslims are told to emulate his 'eccentric" life.

The sooner islam is eradicated from this planet, the better for humanity. Unfortunately it only increases. Fortunately people are being enlightened about Islam and it's barbarity, and unfortunately 4 million morons voted for fraudulent, phony nationalist, tories.

LOL! Take this rant elsewhere, bud. I'm not fond of Islam as a religion and ideology myself but your post really wasn't necessary. xD
Reply 10
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Oh right, didn't realise the exam date was that early. If I knew about this A-level earlier like in July, I would have definitely done it. I would have gone for an A.

However, in your case, having started it only 2 weeks ago, a C is actually good. Try push it up to a B and if you're lucky, an A :smile:

trust me, studying past paper patterns almost every hour of my waking day should theoretically pay off quite well considering the circumstances haha

he was a slave owner, and he did trade slaves. However he also freed slaves and made it near obligatory to free slaves in Islam.

But near obligatory to free isn't quite the same as obligatory to free, is it?

Slaves could buy their own freedom

Buy. Not demand. In other words, they were slaves. By definition.

I doubt the British-enslaving-and-colonizing powers in India just a few decades ago would set slaves free on any condition at all

But that is exactly what was done.
Reply 12
Original post by Good bloke
But near obligatory to free isn't quite the same as obligatory to free, is it?

Buy. Not demand. In other words, they were slaves. By definition.

But that is exactly what was done.

the British left India as they were so financially and economically damaged by WWII that they couldn't keep up with the efforts and costs of sustaining India as well as incapability to resist the many movements of freedom that established during the last stages of the rule. Netherlands, France and Britain abandoned close to all their colonies, not as a result of compassion but for inability to sustain them.

the main point of the story is that this happened like 50 years ago so slavery shouldn't be surprising if it occurred a whole 1400 years ago (and thousands of years before that)
the British left India as they were so financially and economically damaged by WWII that they couldn't keep up with the efforts and costs of sustaining India as well as incapability to resist the many movements of freedom that established during the last stages of the rule. Netherlands, France and Britain abandoned close to all their colonies, not as a result of compassion but for inability to sustain them.

the main point of the story is that this happened like 50 years ago so slavery shouldn't be surprising if it occurred a whole 1400 years ago (and thousands of years before that)

Whatever the rights and wrongs of colonialism, the British did not enslave Indians after they abolished slavery. Some Moslem countries still allow slaves, and Islam itself certainly doesn't ban it.

And Islam's only words against it (advocating that Moslems sell the odd slave or two) are only as useful as telling a Christian to give up eating meat for lent - a mild sacrifice in the hope of salvation.
Why do you want to do Islamic studies a level if you're an atheist Mr biology
Reply 15
Original post by MrKmas508
Why do you want to do Islamic studies a level if you're an atheist Mr biology

Islam is a vibrant and relevant religion which has influenced the whole world, influences that can be seen today. Also, the Islamic golden era paved way for many medicinal, scientific and mathematical advancements still in use today. It's a religion with an immensely great and successful history, contrary to popular (but horribly wrong) opinion.
Islam is a vibrant and relevant religion which has influenced the whole world, influences that can be seen today. Also, the Islamic golden era paved way for many medicinal, scientific and mathematical advancements still in use today. It's a religion with an immensely great and successful history, contrary to popular (but horribly wrong) opinion.

Read a book don't do an A level on it. That sounds like a lot of work for very little pay off because I doubt there's many universities who would respect a qualification in Islamic studies (no offence).

Islam's influence in those achievements is miniscule, it was the result of individual brilliance, not a verbally repressive theology that belongs in the middle ages. It makes latent individuals never reach their potential and destroys morales.

Do not align the achievements of individuals, we don't align the achievements of the many European innovators to Christianity.

Islam's influence in Europe is also miniscule, apart from the Balkans and Iberia. Christianity's influence is interminable. I hate how narcissistic athiests always have a bias against Christianity.
Original post by SteelManatee

please can you tell me the name of the book for islamic studies and author or where i can find it?i will be grateful
did you give the exam? I desperately need someone with experience on ISLAMIC STUDIES (CIE) to guide me. Please hit me up if you can help.

Quick Reply

Latest