Turn on thread page Beta

Where Should I work for a part time job??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hello, im starting to look for part time jobs near where i live and the only one i could find so far is a kfc near me and some people have said that working at kfc is bad because some customers are rude and nasty, and some of the managers seem pretty angry and are always having a go at the staff (something like that anyways) and i definitely won't be able to grin and bear it as I cant hide my feelings well. also, the area where the kfc is is quite scummy and full of chavs so i dont know what to do.
    if you have any more jobs you'd like to recommend me which go along the lines of customer service like asda, morrisons, tesco, mcdonalds, domino's, etc. (pretty much any supermarket, shop or big fast food companies will do me fine), please feel free because i really want to get a decent job that i can have for at least 2 years (in case i move away for uni) and doesnt have a lot of hours a week because i have sixth form to commit to. i'm just worried that I'll get a horrible one and i dont want that to happen.
    many thanks☺ x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by shanalouiise98)
    hello, im starting to look for part time jobs near where i live and the only one i could find so far is a kfc near me and some people have said that working at kfc is bad because some customers are rude and nasty, and some of the managers seem pretty angry and are always having a go at the staff (something like that anyways) and i definitely won't be able to grin and bear it as I cant hide my feelings well. also, the area where the kfc is is quite scummy and full of chavs so i dont know what to do.
    if you have any more jobs you'd like to recommend me which go along the lines of customer service like asda, morrisons, tesco, mcdonalds, domino's, etc. (pretty much any supermarket, shop or big fast food companies will do me fine), please feel free because i really want to get a decent job that i can have for at least 2 years (in case i move away for uni) and doesnt have a lot of hours a week because i have sixth form to commit to. i'm just worried that I'll get a horrible one and i dont want that to happen.
    many thanks☺ x
    Try mcdonalds.
    They are pretty flexible with hours, you can do as many or as little hours as you want (e.g. more hours in the holidays, less hours before exams etc), and you can work days/shifts to suit you. A lot of students work there. The people who work there are pretty decent to be fair, as they come from all walks of life. And you can transfer stores, which may be useful when it comes to uni.

ReputationRep:
    For food/supermarket type work, I have heard positive things about Tesco - quite a few people I know of work there, several of whom go to my sixth form. They seem fairly flexible about working hours, etc. I myself work at Debenhams, and I have had a really good experience of working there regarding working times etc on the whole - shifts are in 4 hour slots, so while that could mean potentially an 8hr contract could take up both weekend days, you could arrange (if your manager will allow) for shifts on evenings after school, etc, to break that up a bit

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.