Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Since im 17 until the 5th of November, i guess it means i wont be allowed into any of the events during freshers week :/ What else does everyone else do for freshers week? Anyone else in the same situation as me?

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to uni a year early or something?

ReputationRep:
    I finished school this year, ill only be 17 for one month while im there.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know that was even possible but they might not ID people since everyone there is a fresher?

ReputationRep:
    Thats what im hoping for, but idk if i should buy tickets or whatever if i might not be allowed in. Everyone i know said they wont check because they will assume you are a fresher and over 18 anyway like you said.

ReputationRep:
    I thought if you were born after 31 Aug you were put into the year below, making you the older in the year.

ReputationRep:
    I went to school in Cyprus, not England. So maybe the education system is different here. Theres quite a few people in my school year that are going uni at 17.

ReputationRep:
    I knew a girl who was 17 at freshers, she was quite buxom so noone bothered to check her age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgePanayiotou)
    Thats what im hoping for, but idk if i should buy tickets or whatever if i might not be allowed in. Everyone i know said they wont check because they will assume you are a fresher and over 18 anyway like you said.
    it wouldnt work, they take peoples ids and scan them, and then on a screen it comes up with your age and whether youve been banned or whatever, so you would be rejected. you could always risk it but ive never been out to the forum where they havent checked my id! also, the forum is the only club in hatfield, so a lot of locals go, especially during freshers, so they cant assume people are freshers unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still going to be 17 for the first 2 weeks at uni which is annoying, I'm hoping there's going to be other stuff to do with people so I'm not too bored tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgePanayiotou)
    Since im 17 until the 5th of November, i guess it means i wont be allowed into any of the events during freshers week :/ What else does everyone else do for freshers week? Anyone else in the same situation as me?
    I am!! you are still lucky i wont be 18 till next year february. Freshers will be boring, i hope to find something to do.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey George,

Most of the events will be ticketed with ID checks. But there are still a fair few you can get involved with that won't be drinking based!

For example, Freshers fair, daytime sports and social activities, society socials, cinema trips etc

It's also worth following the SU on twitter/facebook to keep informed about what's going on!

All the best,

David

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 11, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.