Turn on thread page Beta

Bar keeps slipping out of hand when doing deadlifts watch

ReputationRep:
    I switched to the alternating grip and the same thing happens where the bar starts to slip out of my hand and I end up losing my form, and I have to reapply chalk to get some grip which breaks up my set.

I think the bar may be too large a diameter for the size of my hands?

Any tips on what to do?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    More chalk, improve grip

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your grip is your limiting factor, maybe do some grip focused work too?

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you are holding it right? As a noob I had some issues because I had the weight sitting too much on my fingers

ReputationRep:
    weak forearms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tootles44)
    I switched to the alternating grip and the same thing happens where the bar starts to slip out of my hand and I end up losing my form, and I have to reapply chalk to get some grip which breaks up my set.

Any tips on what to do?
    How heavy? Are you chalking the right part of your hands?

You could consider hook grip, I've never had grip issues with it. Fat bars are a problem though. 28-29mm is ideal for deads I think, many gyms only have 32mm tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tootles44)

Any tips on what to do?
    Try lifting straps

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.