Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been given a choice of either mechanics or stats 2. Looking for any pro's and cons between the 2.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Of course, everyone's different. However, I've always held the following opinion:

Stats: easy but boring
    Mechanics: interesting but challenging (and worth it!)
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    In my opinion: Stats is interesting at times and fairly easy most of the time. Mechanics is difficult (and boring as a result), otherwise not particularly interesting.

Stats 2 is probably easier and more straightforward. If you're studying Physics at A-level then go for M1. If you thought 'no way am I going to do Physics at A-level' go for S2. If neither applies, go for S2.

ReputationRep:
    I would personally go for stats. Mechanics just doesn't make any sense and i died trying to get my head around the questions. Did an hour of revision a day for mechanics 1... still came at with a U at the end. Did 30min of revision a day for stats 2- came out with 94%.. But it all depends on the person obviously

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.