The Student Room Group

Do I stand any chance at all?

So, I've been reading around on here and seeing loads of people get really worried about not getting into Oxford with 12A*s and an A in GCSE. I got one A, four Bus, three Cs, a D and an E. I haven't got my predicted A level grades yet. I'm studying Maths (which I got an A in), History (a B) and Government and Politics. So, do I stand any chance at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dont think you stand a chance for Oxford sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
so you're applying to oxford? I suggest cambridge is better, they don't take GCSE's too seriously. But you have to do really well at A Level.
u stand no chance sorry
Original post by bethfrench
So, I've been reading around on here and seeing loads of people get really worried about not getting into Oxford with 12A*s and an A in GCSE. I got one A, four Bus, three Cs, a D and an E. I haven't got my predicted A level grades yet. I'm studying Maths (which I got an A in), History (a B) and Government and Politics. So, do I stand any chance at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oxbridge are not the only unis - do not stress yourself out about it. With those grades you have no chance at all but there are many other excellent universities that will accept you but you need to get good A levels
Reply 5
I've also heard that they take into account personal situations at the time. Would this affect it in any way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
honestly why not try? Best case scenario they give u a chance with an interview and u seriously amaze them worst case they reject you. You only loose 1/5 of your potential offers and you are bound to get a place at other unis. You just need to impress them with maybe your ps in general and they will take into account any personal issues and your schools reputation.
Reply 7
Great. Well I'll just study like hell through A levels, apply, plead my case and astound them with my charm lol :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest