The Student Room Group

What 4th subject should I take? Help!

Okay so I'm dropping chemistry, because I find it really hard already, and have already got scared of the course lol.So my options so far are maths, economics, business.I have to take 4 and I'm going to change it tomorrow.I want to go to a good uni, and I have heard that unis dont like economics and business together, so I was considering to drop business at the end of yr12, but that means I will have to carry on whatever I chose as my 4th subject.I was thinking of taking sociology, philosophy or psychology.I didnt take sociology or psychology at gcse, but I have heard that sociology is quite easy, but psychology is more interesting.Im not sure whether to drop business and carry on with whatever I choose as my 4th, or drop my 4th subject and carry on with maths, economics and business.I'm really stuck, and need to make this decision tonight.Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by zuko09
Okay so I'm dropping chemistry, because I find it really hard already, and have already got scared of the course lol.So my options so far are maths, economics, business.I have to take 4 and I'm going to change it tomorrow.I want to go to a good uni, and I have heard that unis dont like economics and business together, so I was considering to drop business at the end of yr12, but that means I will have to carry on whatever I chose as my 4th subject.I was thinking of taking sociology, philosophy or psychology.I didnt take sociology or psychology at gcse, but I have heard that sociology is quite easy, but psychology is more interesting.Im not sure whether to drop business and carry on with whatever I choose as my 4th, or drop my 4th subject and carry on with maths, economics and business.I'm really stuck, and need to make this decision tonight.Thanks!

depends on your career ambitions.
Original post by zuko09

Id definitely recommend sociology. I did it and loved it.
Regarding which subject to drop at the end of AS, see how you get on, but id probably drop business studies so that you arent doing both business and economics.
What are you thinking of doing after A-levels?

Quick Reply

Latest