Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    First week down, second fast approaching
    Feel free to ask me any questions

ReputationRep:
    Is it really as bad everyone makes out?! No, I'm only joking.

Could you give a run through of what the first few days consisted of? How involved were you? What is you mentor like and how involved are they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizzz!)
    Is it really as bad everyone makes out?! No, I'm only joking.

Could you give a run through of what the first few days consisted of? How involved were you? What is you mentor like and how involved are they?
    Well my first day was an inset day for pupils as it was teacher training for the teachers and student teachers got to go along too.
    My first week was intense and I was immersed into it. I would say scitt training is for people ready to hit the ground running. As you are based in class you experience everything straight away including the good and the bad that can happen. I have been involved in teaching from day one teaching small groups. It is intense but I think if its what you want, you are like a teacher where I am anyway, involved in teacher meetings, get a sims account etc. Its good but challening, my first observation is this week already only in my second week.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I started my scitt first day today. And it was full on!

ReputationRep:
    I'm due to start at the end of the month. 3 of us are starting on this course and so far I have the worst induction and intro.

My induction consisted of receiving 2 policies and being sent to another class to observe. Even though I already spent two days doing this.

My fellow students were both shown fire exits, given IT passwords, given 6 policies to read and invited back to set up the class.
    I offered to help set up the class and was told I wasn't needed, I also offered to come in to talk about the students capabilities and I was given a post it note with names of 2 sendco students. I'm feeling annoyed already! Any advice or am I over thinking things?
    I am quite capable of getting through this course however I don't feel my mentor really gives a damn!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.