Turn on thread page Beta

Anglicanism. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am an Anglican and I believe that Anglicanism is the best religion for Britain. Just wanting if anyone else agreed?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean when you say best? What values do you look for when deciding between religions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toughtee)
    What do you mean when you say best? What values do you look for when deciding between religions?
    Language and legacy. I am a High Church Anglican so I love the language of the Church and its legacy is most closely aligned to the of the initial founding of the Christian faith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    Language and legacy. I am a High Church Anglican so I love the language of the Church and its legacy is most closely aligned to the of the initial founding of the Christian faith.
    I still don't really understand what you mean by the "best religion for Britain", to me it sounds like you should choose the religion that gives the most benefits to British citizens.

And you've already disregarded a while load of religions by narrowing down on Christianity, what reasons do you have for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toughtee)
    I still don't really understand what you mean by the "best religion for Britain", to me it sounds like you should choose the religion that gives the most benefits to British citizens.

And you've already disregarded a while load of religions by narrowing down on Christianity, what reasons do you have for that?
    Well it is the established Church of England so people support believe it and support it if they want to maintain it.

Because I believe Christ died on the cross and was resurrected.

ReputationRep:
    I am an Anglican and I believe that Anglicanism is the best religion for Britain. Just wanting if anyone else agreed?
    Jesus came to do away with religion by bringing in daily 2-way relationship with God. This is effected by people receiving what all the disciples got:

"they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues*, as the Spirit gave them utterance" (Acts 2:4)

That gives you God's nature, anything else is "sin" and mortality, "the flesh".

When I met people that are living this new Life the differencve was obvious, I hope you visit and see for yourself.

* an unlearned prayer language - 12 Corinthians 14:2, 4.

ReputationRep:
    Would you take a non-Anglican wife?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Would you take a non-Anglican wife?
    I believe not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReader)
    As long as it's all secular.
    I believe in toleration, not secularism.

ReputationRep:
    William, were you born an Anglican? Do you actually believe in God? Or are you a member of the church for political reasons?

ReputationRep:
    Orthodox christianity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    Jesus came to do away with religion by bringing in daily 2-way relationship with God. This is effected by people receiving what all the disciples got:

"they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues*, as the Spirit gave them utterance" (Acts 2:4)

That gives you God's nature, anything else is "sin" and mortality, "the flesh".

When I met people that are living this new Life the differencve was obvious, I hope you visit and see for yourself.

* an unlearned prayer language - 12 Corinthians 14:2, 4.
    I don't like the language to be honest. It is too simple. This is what you never get from non-Conformist Protestant sects they try to dull things down so people can understand it. Rather than educating people and improving them. Anglicans believe in the two way relationship with God all Protestants do.

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Secularism tolerates all religions. Do you believe in forcing your religion onto other people?
    Secularism tolerates no religion having power. So the government has power over religion meaning religion is removed.

In the sense of Penal laws no. In the sense of passing and enforcing laws which come from Established and Preeminent morality of Anglican Church then yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    Orthodox christianity.
    What place does that have in Britain?

ReputationRep:
    I believe not.
    Even hilro? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picklescamp)
    William, were you born an Anglican? Do you actually believe in God? Or are you a member of the church for political reasons?
    No. My parents were non-Conformists. They aren't happy that I am an Anglican.

Yes I believe in God and have done for two years.

I supported the political power of the Anglican Church before I believed in God. However I believe in God and the Church of England now regardless of my politics. Though obviously my political views have been hardened and clarified since I now believe in God and the dogma of High Church Anglicanism.

ReputationRep:
    What place does that have in Britain?
    Supreme authority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Even hilro? :eek:
    Even her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    Supreme authority.
    No it doesn't. It has never been Established within Britain.

ReputationRep:
    And would you say that the majority of people follow Anglicanism in UK?
    I would say there are over 20 million bapised members of the Anglican Church in England. It is by far the largest religious grouping in the nation.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 15, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.