Turn on thread page Beta

Switching sixth forms watch

ReputationRep:
    So basically, when I first joined my high school, I really hated it and complained all the time - all the way up to the end of year 11. So now I decided to switch but I'm not really liking it here.

It's pass rate of A*-B is about 60-65% and 40% end up going to a RG uni. But since it's the first week and people are moving around still to other sixth forms, I feel like I should go back to my old high school whose A*-B pass rate was 50% but my parents don't want me to. I just don't like the new one, it's a big change and everyone's telling me to go back, I know 2 who dropped out of grammar schools to go back to our high school.

So should I move back? Or should I stay here? I just feel a bit depressed and lonely here though which is why I'm asking. And if I do move back and the teachers aren't so good, would it be enough to get an A by trying and teaching myself?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Lizabeth_)
    So basically, when I first joined my high school, I really hated it and complained all the time - all the way up to the end of year 11. So now I decided to switch but I'm not really liking it here.

It's pass rate of A*-B is about 60-65% and 40% end up going to a RG uni. But since it's the first week and people are moving around still to other sixth forms, I feel like I should go back to my old high school whose A*-B pass rate was 50% but my parents don't want me to. I just don't like the new one, it's a big change and everyone's telling me to go back, I know 2 who dropped out of grammar schools to go back to our high school.

So should I move back? Or should I stay here? I just feel a bit depressed and lonely here though which is why I'm asking. And if I do move back and the teachers aren't so good, would it be enough to get an A by trying and teaching myself?

Thanks in advance
    i was in the same position as you last year so i know how you feel. i hated my secondary school so wanted to get as far away as possible . when i started my new college i didnt like the atmosphere or felt like i would fit in, so i ended contacting the head of sixth form at my secondary school she told me to come in we discussed my options and i ended taking my AS there and im glad i did.

so my advice to you is contact your old school head of sixth and explain you situation, they should offer you a place since you did attend there recently if not try going somewhere really close to home.

hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cathzeta10)
    i was in the same position as you last year so i know how you feel. i hated my secondary school so wanted to get as far away as possible . when i started my new college i didnt like the atmosphere or felt like i would fit in, so i ended contacting the head of sixth form at my secondary school she told me to come in we discussed my options and i ended taking my AS there and im glad i did.

so my advice to you is contact your old school head of sixth and explain you situation, they should offer you a place since you did attend there recently if not try going somewhere really close to home.

hope this helps
    Yeah, they've asked me to come in and email anytime but I'm not sure if switching will affect my results, I mean there's a reason that the school is better than mine which could be better teaching? (soz I know I'm going against it now) so it might affect my grades...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Lizabeth_)
    Yeah, they've asked me to come in and email anytime but I'm not sure if switching will affect my results, I mean there's a reason that the school is better than mine which could be better teaching? (soz I know I'm going against it now) so it might affect my grades...
    i understand what you mean. but in all honesty its whether you put in the effort or not into your work to get the top grades. since its so early in the year changing wont affect your results. you've got to ask yourself if you're an independent learner or a leaner that isn't. if you're independent then college will be better for you but if you think you'll need support 24/7 then your high school is the best option. you make good grades happen anywhere as long as you focus and work hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cathzeta10)
    i understand what you mean. but in all honesty its whether you put in the effort or not into your work to get the top grades. since its so early in the year changing wont affect your results. you've got to ask yourself if you're an independent learner or a leaner that isn't. if you're independent then college will be better for you but if you think you'll need support 24/7 then your high school is the best option. you make good grades happen anywhere as long as you focus and work hard.
    I guess so, I decided to stay at the one I'm in just because I think I'll be too distracted there - thanks though

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.