Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Not as far as sixth forms are concerned.
    weel i got into mine with ds and es andd its one of the best coleges in the country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    weel i got into mine with ds and es andd its one of the best coleges in the country
    My school's sixth form, the largest and one of the best in the country, will not accpet anything below a C, but, as competition for places is fierce, very few have below a B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjg)
    a d and an e is a pass too u twig!
    Although technically a GCSE pass is any grade from A*-G, as far as progression to Further Education, and most employment, they regard a pass as A*-C.

Hense league tables look in on column for % gaining 5 A*-Cs, and requirements for entry tend to be 5 A*-C, particular requirements being A*-C in Maths, English Language, and a Science based subject.

My school's sixth form, the largest and one of the best in the country, will not accpet anything below a C, but, as competition for places is fierce, very few have below a B.
    yeah but mine is better. i got in cos i did well and did do well. ds and es r as good as cs and ds espesh if u do xtra curriculum shtuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjg)
    yeah but mine is better. i got in cos i did well and did do well. ds and es r as good as cs and ds espesh if u do xtra curriculum shtuff.
    MJG - lets not get into a "Mines better than Yours" argument, how are you to know if your college is better than Huntroyde's if neither of you have named it.

Also, I would suggest to you that going on the clear difference in entry requirements that demand at Huntroyde's centre is high, showing a significant difference in quality, as reputation often leads to demand.

D's and E's are unfortunatly NOT as good as C's and D's, they are as good as D's and E's. The certificates do not lie.

However extra curricular activities work in everyones favour, and can act, in some part, to compensate for an under-par GCSE performance, something you were probably admitted based up on, and this is where the line "every application is considered for its own merits" comes in handy.

(Original post by mjg)
    I'm hardly clever myself, but there is no way d's and e's are as good as c's.

And how you can say the GCSE's were easy even though you didn't get even one A*-C is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjg)
    I agree with Expression, we won't have a 'mine's better than yours' arguement, but my school's sixth form is the biggest in the country and is fed by its grammar school (of which I am a pupil) and several excellant comprehensives. We have a regular 10% entry to Oxbridge and many get into other excellant universities.

I'm hardly clever myself, but there is no way d's and e's are as good as c's.

And how you can say the GCSE's were easy even though you didn't get even one A*-C is beyond me.
    well how many have u got u wee twig? ds and e's show determination effort and ability cos they r better than fs gs and us. gcses were easy - thats why i passed 8. i did foundation in most cos thats wear i like 2 do it.

I agree with Expression, we won't have a 'mine's better than yours' arguement, but my school's sixth form is the biggest in the country and is fed by its grammar school (of which I am a pupil) and several excellant comprehensives. We have a regular 10% entry to Oxbridge and many get into other excellant universities.
    the fact u r a pupil says a lot. u r really arrogant + think ur own wee skool is the scenter of da universe. get over urself ginger lad.

(Original post by mjg)
    well how many have u got u wee twig?
    Twig?..err yeah right. I'm getting mine on the 21st, and in my view i've done rubbish, i'm probably going to get C'S in 7 of them and a merit in Business Studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjg)
    the fact u r a pupil says a lot. u r really arrogant + think ur own wee skool is the scenter of da universe. get over urself ginger lad.
    What is wrong with the term 'pupil'? And what does 'Ginger Lad' mean?
    I'm not arrogant (I'm a Northerner, it's against my nature) I'm simply pointing out the facts.

Twig?..err yeah right. I'm getting mine on the 21st, and in my view i've done rubbish, i'm probably going to get C'S in 7 of them and a merit in Business Studies
    I got a d in gcse bis studies + 79/300 at as.

(Original post by mjg)
    I got a d in gcse bis studies + 79/300 at as.
    Mine wasn't GCSE Business though, it was GNVQ, so the Merit equals two B's

What is wrong with the term 'pupil'? And what does 'Ginger Lad' mean?
    I'm not arrogant (I'm a Northerner, it's against my nature) I'm simply pointing out the facts.
    cos u r a rite ginger lsad. hope ur not at that party expression talked about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjg)
    cos u r a rite ginger lsad. hope ur not at that party expression talked about
    If this is a referance to a hair colour, I have brown hair, if you're interested.

If this is a referance to a hair colour, I have brown hair, if you're interested.
    i dont care what colour ur hair is. ur colege is not better- a couple of years ago a guy from my col went to ox4d. loads off us will be off 2 uni next month while you havent done ur as- levels yet//*

* end of story*

Mod Edit - The fact that he is younger, doesn't mean anything, and is NOT the end of the story, there is a huge amount of difference between the two of you, and it is without doubt that Huntroyde's future is rosier than yours.
    Also, if you didn't care what colour his hair is, why decide to bring up the topic in the first place ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjg)
    i dont care what colour ur hair is. ur colege is not better- a couple of years ago a guy from my col went to ox4d. loads off us will be off 2 uni next month while you havent done ur as- levels yet//*

* end of story*
    I'm willing to accept that your college is good but we have a 10% admission rate into oxbridge.

(Original post by mjg)
    loads off us will be off 2 uni next month while you havent done ur as- levels yet//*
    But from looking at your AS results you won't be one of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjg)
    To be fair, you have to admit that a 10 % admission rate into Oxbridge is impressive, and that any so called "arrogence" is based on previous successes - fair play to somewhere that has such a good record.

MJG we have been prepared to help you with your UMS scores, and blatently insulting those who have helped you will do yourself no favours when you require assistance in the future.

Also, there are plenty of people who will achieve higher than the grades you have posted, and have so far been seen bragging about, and although you have a right to be proud of your own acheivements based on your own expectations, you should not get into the habits you are doing.

In addition what is "the fact you are a pupil says a lot" supposed to mean. Are you suggesting the difference between you being a student and Huntroyde currently being a pupil makes you superior ? I think we'll let his wages when you are both on the level playing field with "employee" decide.

ReputationRep:
    But from looking at your AS results you won't be one of them
    That's a good point. How many unis accept EEU? or was it DEU?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.