Hi, I am 17 year old retake of A levels and I would like to find out some good books or techniques I can use to improve me getting highest score possible for me. I have a whole year to study for the exam, while still studying for my other exams (biology, chemistry, physics and maths.) Also if it isn't too much trouble could someone give a book I can buy to improve my grammar and punctuation.
Thank you in advance and sorry for my terrible grammar.
Turn on thread page Beta
What books and or study methods are good for both UKCAT and BMAT? watch
- Thread Starter
- 13-09-2015 20:03
- 14-09-2015 14:26
just a few pointers
In terms of the UKCAT:
- It's all about practice.
- I used books (600Q, Kaplan and UKCAT for dummies) --> these are great and have plenty of questions
- Medify is a great online platform
- I personally didn't go to any of the workshops. They charge a fortune and I don't think they are worth it
- If you have all this time to practice don't use up all your questions too soon. Generally people spend a month or so working towards it so don't run out of questions too soon. Maybe look a few to get yourself acquainted with the style but wait until nearer your test to do the rest
- Revise all your science GCSE material you haven't covered in a while
- Look at the documents on the BMAT website which lists the specification - Stick to this
- Work on your short essay writing skills, and the timing for this.
In terms of your grammar/punctuation there are lots of books out there and things online - just have a look around
hope that helps
P.S. If you're a resit applicant make sure you check with the unis before applying about their views on resits