The Student Room Group

Here's My 2016 Exam Timetable AMA

As you can probably tell, I have too much time on my hands. :smile:

GCE Exams 2016screenshot1.png

Scroll to see replies

When did you start revising for them?

What's your revision plan (routine etc)for this year?

When will you start past papers?

What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Zilver Fox
When did you start revising for them?

The day after my last AS exam.

What's your revision plan (routine etc)for this year?

Textbook, YouTube, past paper, repeat.

When will you start past papers?

In maths I've already done a lot of past paper questions. In other subjects, about a month before the mock exams.

What are you applying for?

Physics! :smile:
Exam timetables are out already wuttt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by angelcake123
Exam timetables are out already wuttt

Posted from TSR Mobile

The exam boards have posted when the exams are, yes; I was surprised myself :tongue:
Reply 5
Where do I find the exam timetables?

I'm far too lazy to google.

I know I deffo need AQA but not sure which other one (forgotten which board I do Sociology on).
Reply 7
You've got me to do mine now.

I'm doing AS exams, and as you're in Y13 does this look too bad? To me it looks awful with exams on the same day, sometimes clashes and there not really being many gaps between exams. I thought with AS, the way exams are timetabled were better!

So yeah does mine look bad? Any tips to revision for these subjects? When should I start revising?

Screen Shot 2015-09-13 at 20.34.14BST.png
Reply 8

Thanks!! :smile:

All my exam boards were AQA woops. Mine is:

German AS - 19 May 2016 - am - 2 hrs
Philosophy AS - 19 May 2016 - pm - 3hrs
Sociology A2 Unit 3 - 20 June 2016 - am - 1.5hrs
Sociology A2 Unit 4 - 23 June 2016 - pm - 2 hrs

Internally crying I have 5 hours of exams on that one day.
Original post by jamestg

I'm doing AS exams, and as you're in Y13 does this look too bad? To me it looks awful with exams on the same day, sometimes clashes and there not really being many gaps between exams. I thought with AS, the way exams are timetabled were better!

So yeah does mine look bad? Any tips to revision for these subjects? When should I start revising?

Your timetable looks similar to mine last year, and it was completely fine. Exams on the same day are good because you get them out of the way. Just revise as you go along you can't cram for biology and history, maths you can get away with cramming mostly.
Original post by Hayley Williams
Your timetable looks similar to mine last year, and it was completely fine. Exams on the same day are good because you get them out of the way. Just revise as you go along you can't cram for biology and history, maths you can get away with cramming mostly.

Did you do the same subjects, or was the general structure of the timetable the same?

What were your results?
Reply 11
Original post by jamestg

At least you have a short break between C1 and History :tongue: I didn't actually have any on the same day when I did AS exams, but it was nice having a few days between, like you have (a week after the first History exam and then over a week after the second History exam looks good).
Original post by ombtom
At least you have a short break between C1 and History :tongue: I didn't actually have any on the same day when I did AS exams, but it was nice having a few days between, like you have (a week after the first History exam and then over a week after the second History exam looks good).

It really doesn't look good!

I guess I'm just going to have to really put my heart and soul into these exams next year. It feels even more daunting than GCSE exams already - and there are only 9 exams!
Reply 13
Original post by jamestg
It really doesn't look good!

I guess I'm just going to have to really put my heart and soul into these exams next year. It feels even more daunting than GCSE exams already - and there are only 9 exams!

Once you've done some past papers they'll probably seem generic and less daunting (at least maths will). :smile:
Original post by jamestg
Did you do the same subjects, or was the general structure of the timetable the same?

What were your results?

I did maths, chemistry, biology and geography at AS, but geography and history are very comparable. :biggrin: Yes my timetable was pretty much the same, maths is annoying because you have to do 3 exams, which can be time consuming.
Original post by ombtom
Once you've done some past papers they'll probably seem generic and less daunting (at least maths will). :smile:

Hopefully! I remember doing my first maths GCSE paper and I almost cried/vomited/mixture of both haha. I thought it was such a big thing...

Yeah I suppose they'll become more generic and once I've done more content I'll feel happier!
M5?!?!?! It's like you don't do any Decision or Stats!

Good luck :smile:

Edit: S2 spotted.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by SeanFM
M5?!?!?! It's like you don't do any Decision or Stats!

Good luck :smile:

I'm doing S1, S2, and D1. :biggrin:
[deleted]
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest