Turn on thread page Beta

How much to drink for the first time? watch

I'll be going to a party soon with alcohol and this will be the first time I've drank alcohol so how much is enough before my liver stops and need to go to hospital for a transplant/die?

ReputationRep:
    Are you a troll?

You'll know when you have had enough

ReputationRep:
    erm....well quite a lot to be honest. and I mean, A LOT. Don't go overboard with it, just drink to when you start to feel confident/in a good state, then I would stop there if I was you.

That said, don't worry if you keep on drinking from there. It depends on what you're drinking, but if you drank about 35cl of vodka, you'd be completely trashed most likely, but you wouldn't have situations with your liver stopping or you needing hospital or anything. It's hard to say how much you can drink before that happens as it varies person to person, but generally you would need to drink SO SO MUCH for that to happen. If in doubt, just don't drink, there's no pressure to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'll be going to a party soon with alcohol and this will be the first time I've drank alcohol so how much is enough before my liver stops and need to go to hospital for a transplant/die?
    You can tell when to stop drinking, you'll know you're acting differently. Drink slowly and eat to be able to drink more and don't drink to get drunk. In terms of how much, everybody is different and for the first time you need to stay in control and learn what you're like.

ReputationRep:
    just take it slowly, mix your drinks fairly weak and remember that you will continue to get drunker for probably 20 minutes or so after you've finished your drink so don't rush to have another one!

ReputationRep:
    Just drink one or two, most people start off with WKD and you can have as many of them as you want really XD if you are having wine one or two glasses, if you are having beer two or three.. just stop when you get fed up.. you'll know if/when you're drunk

(Original post by howardyeates)
    Are you a troll?

You'll know when you have had enough
    no, sorry for not drinking before

ReputationRep:
    Stick to drinks like beer or alcopops rather than spirits or wine and drink slowly. Don't do shots. People get embarrassingly wasted or black out because they drink too much too quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    no, sorry for not drinking before
    100-200 of pure spirit (40%).
    Probably 100 for a first timer.

ReputationRep:
    Lol depends on the person. I used to drink a bottle of vodka at each party when i was younger. I now purposely throw up when i get home if ive been drinking alot to save my liver and brain lol

ReputationRep:
    Drink very slowly, if you feel not comfortable. Stop drinking immediately.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 18, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.