Turn on thread page Beta

What should I be looking at? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there I got 5A* 6A and 1C at GCSE (I hate French) I am sitting 4 AS maths physics German and art I am hoping to get AAAA what universities should I be looking at in the long run and do you think my GCSE grades will allow me to. I want to be on a course either something along the lines of nautical or aerospace engineering or computer science (I'm a mega computer geek). Thanks a lot!!!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jamiesamuels2015)
    Hi there I got 5A* 6A and 1C at GCSE (I hate French) I am sitting 4 AS maths physics German and art I am hoping to get AAAA what universities should I be looking at in the long run and do you think my GCSE grades will allow me to. I want to be on a course either something along the lines of nautical or aerospace engineering or computer science (I'm a mega computer geek). Thanks a lot!!!!
    Your GCSEs would let you apply anywhere. What you get at AS is more important!

ReputationRep:
    Anywhere bar Oxbridge, and possibly Imperial. As long as you get A*AA you could probably apply to those however. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGrammarGuru)
    Anywhere bar Oxbridge, and possibly Imperial. As long as you get A*AA you could probably apply to those however. Good luck
    Yeah I think at A2 I'll be looking at hopefully something like A*A*AA I should be getting nearly full marks in my AS Art. So you think I'd have a chance with Oxbridge you see at GCSE I hated school because I hated doing English, French etc I am really enjoying a levels because they are my favourite subjects.

I got A* in maths physics chemistry DT and Rs. Devastated didn't get it in biology or art but I well screwed up on them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGrammarGuru)
    Wouldn't cambridge accept him with high UMS? 95%?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think at A2 I'll be looking at hopefully something like A*A*AA I should be getting nearly full marks in my AS Art. So you think I'd have a chance with Oxbridge you see at GCSE I hated school because I hated doing English, French etc I am really enjoying a levels because they are my favourite subjects.

I got A* in maths physics chemistry DT and Rs. Devastated didn't get it in biology or art but I well screwed up on them
    Bar oxbridge means except oxbridge. I think you would have a shot at Cambridge with amazing UMS (which everyone in Cambridge needs). Oxford is probably a no no though

ReputationRep:
    I understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Docjones1)
    Bar oxbridge means except oxbridge. I think you would have a shot at Cambridge with amazing UMS (which everyone in Cambridge needs). Oxford is probably a no no though
    Hmm I get you not sure if I even want to go to university yet to be honest I'm just preparing

ReputationRep:

I'm not sure with either Oxford/Cambridge/Imperial, but you'd definitely, provided you got A*AA/A*A*A be a very solid candidate for all other unis, and you'd have a decent chance at those three.

ReputationRep:
    The C will harm your chances of Oxbridge. But still worth applying. Apply to Durham, Imperial, Bristol, LSE.

ReputationRep:
    "Dear JamieThank you for your email.Cambridge applicants are usually studying four or five AS Levels in Year 12 and we normally expect good A grades in relevant subjects. Admissions Tutors look at the average performance across an applicant's three best/most relevant AS Level subjects (students aren't required to achieve 90 per cent or above in all modules). Applicants taking five subjects won't be at an advantage compared with those taking four.All applicants are asked to report (in the Supplementary Application Questionnaire) the results of all AS and A Level modules taken to date, whether certificated or not. Colleges won't make unconditional offers on the basis of AS Level grades alone.Most applicants are studying three or four A Level subjects. This is usually sufficient to show breadth of interests and ability to manage a range of differing academic tasks. We'd rather applicants develop broader and deeper knowledge of the subjects most relevant/closest to their chosen course than accumulate additional A Levels.The typical conditional A Level offer for arts subjects and for Psychological and Behavioural Sciences for 2015 entry will be A*AA.The typical conditional A Level offer for science subjects (excluding Psychological and Behavioural Sciences) for 2015 entry will be A*A*A.In countries where an A* grade at A Level is not available, three A grades would be acceptable.Some applicants may be set lower offers or more challenging ones. Applicants may be required to achieve A* in a particular subject(s) depending on individual circumstances.Best wishesTracy" so basically I have a chance to get into Cambridge

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.